the Rift

[JUDGED] Not the Good China!

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

"Get back here, you geriatric son of a bitch!" I find myself shouting, my young companion darting along behind me in zig-zags; I’m coming in a straight line, moving only for obvious ruts or obstructions. Not the first time, I wish I had wings to simply fly over them, dropping like a spear of punishment from the sky right onto his oddly tall and lanky back. Instead, I’m forced to chase him, which has wound up being surprisingly difficult, despite the fact that the guy I’m chasing is older than some of these boulders we’re passing.

The meadow combats each step, the spring thaw having driven many ruts and divots into the surface that are hidden by the grasses, and occasionally I stumble in one. The ancient enemy runs ahead, occasionally disappearing behind a rise or cluster of trees, but the mostly open landscape keeps him in sight more often than not. I’m also pretty sure I’m slowly gaining on him, especially as fear seems to set in, drawing his not-so-impish-now gaze behind him to see if I’m still chasing.

Weaving ahead of me is a goat like, ancient stallion with a mouth that would make even my mother blush. Today, however, he’s chosen the wrong victim for his verbal conquests; I don’t take lightly to being insulted, especially when it comes to my looks or skills, and he’d struck both bloody with a few well placed verbal stones. That he’d also had the audacity to snap his moss riddled teeth at me when I’d (essentially) called him a sun weathered bag of limp dicks in reply was simply more than I could tolerate.

I simply hadn’t expected the old fucker to be so fast.

It was only a joke!’ he calls behind him, a bit too late. I’m already way too mad, and he’s made me chase him too far to just walk away.

"Stay out of the way, Duir!" I bark behind me at my anxious fawn, who is entirely confused as to what to do in this situation. It’s really throwing off my mojo, making it hard to focus, and it’s not until he takes a distant position that my mind clears enough to formulate much more than the chase itself. Though my opponent is stumbling and obviously getting tired of running, he’s still too far ahead of me for physical attacks. While I hadn’t wanted to use my magic so early on, knowing how handy it can be in later situations, I decide it’s the only way to catch the obscene geezer.

He’s weird looking, with no mane, his body more goat like than any unicorn I’ve ever seen (except that one freaky one at the Wolf battle). I wonder if it means he’s got magical resistance, or some other weird ability, but fuck it. He’s old as bone dust, and I’ve got time on my side. Reaching into my mind, I draw on a magic I’ve only used once in battle before now, in a fight I’d lost… badly.

This one won’t play out that way, I’ll make sure of it. He may be able to slip out of my reach every so often with those nimble goat legs of his, I’m stronger, and his awkward height will likely cause him more trouble than it will benefit him against me.

Sweat begins to run down my sides as the Sun beats down, high overhead, but I don’t allow myself to slow up anymore than is necessary to cast the spell at him. Reaching out with my most recently discovered power, I flex my mental will, feeling the erratic magic of the spark erupt through me. Hurling that focused power at the general vicinity of the cretin’s ass, I smirk as I continue to attempt to close the distance between us, knowing better than to rely on magic and magic alone to stop my opponent. However, if it hits him, I’m sure he’ll think of me as more than just a stupid child, as he’d so thoughtlessly accused me of only moments before (among other accusations that wound my ego too much to recount).

1/3 | 690 words
[ Summary: Outskirts of the Thistle Meadow, late afternoon. Also I love Albrecht and I love that Rikyn gets to meet him in such a fashion. <3 I'm still giggling xD ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-08-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-17-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-22-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Bunnie - 06-28-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 07-06-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Jen - 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM