the Rift

[JUDGED] Not the Good China!

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

The sidelong kick hits home with a satisfying pressure that means it hurts. I’m delighted with this matter, which horrifies the young buck in the distance, who glances between me and the old man with a fretful concern for whether or not he’s okay. While I certainly don’t think about the fact that I could cause the old man’s demise, Duir does, but all his concern for the man is lost in petrifying fear as the elder unicorn turns his attentions to the babe on the outskirts. My own being flares with outrage that he would attack my fawn, despite the fact that I’m a young man assaulting a guy old enough to be my grandparent.

Throwing my haunches down in what I imagine to be a rippling display of unicorn masculinity and power, I throw my body around in pursuit of the devious geezer. The dusty cretin’s speed has been diminished by the touch of my magic and the kiss of my hooves, but he’s still managed to pull off some distance. Feeling a foreign terror for another grip my heart, I surge after him headlong, not thinking once that it may all be a ruse out of desperation to protect Duir.

"Run, you idiot!" I shout at the trembling, white dappled buck who radiates sheer terror; he suddenly bounds upwards as if the word idiot is a lash, moving into life in what would be a comical fashion, if it all wasn’t so serious. His oak toned body darts in an erratic pattern between whatever cover he can find, some as minimal as saplings or clusters of flowers, gold lightning glimmering along his haunches.

Sweat drips down me from the high sun as the ancient one suddenly drops down into the grass. Coming at him with every bit of velocity I can muster, I have very little time to react to this devastating turn of events, and as I hunker down my haunches in an attempt to stop, I discover that the same long grass that partially obscures my opponent’s peculiar body also denies me traction. The tips of his horns gleam into frightful clarity.

My mind starts running around like a lot of startled bats, trapped in a narrow cavern.

Fly, fly! yells one of them. I can’t fly, so I do the next best thing, and simply use my lowered position to launch myself into the air, up and towards the right. I miss the clever trap narrowly, my heart hammering almost painfully against my chest at how close I’d come to being impaled. That he’d managed it without magic, like the elemental spikes I’d seen some draw up from the earth itself, is almost impressive, if the entire experience hadn’t shaken me up so much.

Using the self loathing inspired by the feeling of fear for both myself and my companion, I lash out behind me with my hind hooves, twice. Hopefully, he’s too old and too sore to be able to move out of the way. The bucks aren’t full extension, but I pack as much power into the quick jabs as I can manage, hoping to knock him anywhere it hurts for being such an asshole. I want to end this before he almost outsmarts me again (I will definitely have to remember drop and stab for a later occasion), or he actually does hurt Duir.

Glancing about for him, I find that I have no idea where he’s gone in all the commotion of almost being impaled by the insulting old wanderer. Feeling a little relief that he was likely hidden and safe settle into me as I canter off a few paces, I turn about to look at my opponent, sides expanding and contracting with breath, ears still pinned.

"Are you quite done yet?" I jeer between deep breaths, horn angled for combat should he decide to get up and come at me again.

[ OOC: It was super great getting to write with you and Albrecht. Thank you for the quite entertaining and challenging spar. <3 If you'd like an after spar thread just let me know. ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Albrecht

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-08-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-17-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-20-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 06-22-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Bunnie - 06-28-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Albrecht - 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Rikyn - 07-06-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Not the Good China! - by Jen - 07-15-2016, 12:14 PM