Ravel Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: III
Eshye
@Auriel
by azagus

please teach me gently
how to breathe

Ravel enjoyed the small moments where silence filled the space between them. She enjoyed the captain’s company, even when they did not speak. But when her friend spoke again, Ravel did not miss the quiet. She thought perhaps she heard the mare smile in her words, and her own smile grew.

She listened carefully to the mare, hanging on every sweet word as though she were desperate for them. And she was, maybe, desperate for the company just then. The mare’s words were easing that sinking, twisting, horrible feeling deep inside of her and she was thankful. So thankful.

The tone of her friend’s voice changed, and Ravel tipped her face as best she could to the mare. Ravel enjoyed the way she spoke still, and the things she said would be cherished by this long legged creature. She wanted to hear more of this mare’s musings, learn what she knew and of what she thought, of this world or any other.

And then, an invitation. Ravel’s heart, broken still but now less so, swelled at the thought. The generosity of her new friend elated her. For once, Ravel did not allow the silence to stretch between them. Instead, she stepped gingerly towards her friend, placing her hooves ever so carefully. “I enjoy the wind,” she said, almost in a breathy whisper. She stretched her long, slender neck towards the mare as she moved, seeking out the warmth of her aura with her velvety muzzle.

“I would love nothing more, than to follow you to the Edge,” she breathed as she closed the divide between them.
★ harm her if it pleases you,
but death is not ready for her yet

Messages In This Thread
missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-09-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 02:14 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: missing yesterday - by Ravel - 06-10-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: missing yesterday - by Auriel - 06-11-2016, 09:08 PM