the Rift

Beyond the black stump

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
     Lived unbruised,
we are friends; and I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
Sigh no more.

So the painted buck had been right about the mare; she was from a herd after all, apparently the World's Edge. Despite the fact that it was a name he had heard more than any other in the threshold, he seemed to know the least about it. For some reason he just hadn't made the time to visit. Maybe that would have to change.

He was pleased that the conversation continued merrily and politely. They were an odd collective, Banj particularly with his hat and heritage, but they seemed to at least be kind. Ashamin was thankful that there wouldn't be hostility in their conversation.

"No, not a crook," Ashamin said to Banj in simple reply. A soft, almost sad smile passed across his lips. "The name was given to me by others, I can't say for sure how all are to interpret it." How, even, did Ashamin read the name? Was if for his companions or his magic, his sorrow or his love? If nothing else he was self-aware, at least to some extent. He knew that the name had some meaning, and as a scholar he had some desire to pursue it. Now, however, was not the time to contemplate his own outer reputation.

"I'm glad to have met you both as well," Ashamin added quickly, trying to turn his thoughts from his own troubles and towards the situation. Banj's next comment was strange, and given that the word was unfamiliar he could only do his best with context clues. Lochan sent a splattered painting of the newcomer's tail, the thing that had been balanced upon and slapped around like some sort of broad beaver's weapon, and Ashamin went with it. Looking at Lyanna's blue tips and his own white tail, it did make some sense.

"Oh, you mean my tail? No, I was the only one in my family unlucky enough to be gifted the eyesore. But it does come in handy," Ashamin said with a smile and a curling wave of it. The sparked coils on its end shimmered in the forest light and as the tip of his snake-like tail curled, he revealed its somewhat prehensile capabilities. Little did he know how wrong he was regarding the word Banj had spoken with such confidence.

""

@Lyanna next! Also heads up, Ashamin's companions are cerndyrs, not dragons.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-09-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-12-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Ashamin - 06-13-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Banjo - 06-17-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Beyond the black stump - by Ashamin - 06-28-2016, 11:15 AM