the Rift

[OPEN] Rooms of ruin

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

It turns out that beyond the sands of our home, there existed an entire world. Once we had found that out - once I knew that there was more to discover - I couldn’t stay still until we were out there. There was an entire world out there, filled with strange and wonderful things and I wanted to know about all of them. Instead of chasing lizards through the Throat and spying on the seabirds that nested on the rocky shores, there were other things to pick at and learn about.

As we travelled north, I became distracted as I followed a strange grey creature with a striped tail and a mask across its faces. It made a violent hissing noise when I got too close so I hung back, contenting myself with watching from a safe distance before the curiosity became too much. In a rush and a rustle of leaves, I chased after the creature (only wanting to get closer to it!) before it climbed up a tree to the safety of the tall limbs. I circled around the base, unfurling my down-covered wings and wishing I could use them to fly as the fire-wings had upon our exit from the Throat.

It was about this time that I realized Castor was no longer at my side.

Dark brown eyes widen at this discovery and for the first time in my young life I’m alone.

I notice the chill in the air at the same time, feel the stir of the wind across my pale red back before I folded my wings again, for what little protection they provided me. Compared to our homeland, this place felt frigid. “Cas?!” I call out, feeling a rush of fear as I look around. When I catch movement I gravitate toward it naturally but quickly discover that around the bushes there is someone else. He’s around my age I think, although at first I’m not entirely sure if we’re the same animal.

“Seen my brother?” I ask it - him - curiously, resisting the same urge that had propelled me to get closer to the racoon and keeping several feet between us instead. I didn’t want to chase him up a tree too, after all - especially not if he had seen my twin around.  

image by Smithers

@Ru'in @Castor <3
also still trying to figure her out xD

Messages In This Thread
Rooms of ruin - by Ru'in - 06-10-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Vastra - 06-19-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Ru'in - 06-24-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Vastra - 07-12-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Ru'in - 07-14-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Vastra - 07-19-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Rooms of ruin - by Ru'in - 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM