the Rift

[OPEN] moving past ghosts

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

On some level, Lyanna can understand what it’s like to keep things bottled up. She didn’t have a whole city’s religion on her shoulders, but she was the oldest female in her family. Her brother would inherit the throne to Morham, and Lyanna would be “married” to a nearby herd to form an alliance. Who she managed to snag, as the phrase may be, determined how strong their ally would be, what kind of help they would have received. And as such, she was never allowed to be anything less than charming, anything short of beautiful (beauty in Morham was far plainer than Helovia), or anything that didn’t involve smiles and sunshine.

She’d only had Corbin, really. He was her rock, her shoulder, and the only one she could trust. In the wee hours of the morning, before the sun had come up, they often found themselves together. Walking and talking, reassuring and offering advice. Mostly he helped her, but sometimes, it worked in reverse. Without him, Lyanna didn’t have anyone else to turn to. Her sister was too spoiled, to young, too immature. She couldn’t go to her parents. His death took her only ally away, and not long after, it took her whole life.

Finding Glasgow, finding someone that was so easy to talk to, was a blessing she never expected to have. The mare listens with attention, as Lyanna had listened to her as well. And when the story comes to an end, Glasgow offers a few words as well, the word friend slipping in to the conversation. “I would love to be your friend. And I that I will always be here for you as well. Someone to talk to or anything else, should you need it.” She pauses, glad to have found someone to share with. Because it always feels better to know someone is in your corner.

“There are so many histories here, but despite that, I admit I find it hard to talk so freely to everyone. Even now, even here. Though if I ever catch a rumor of my sister, I might just take you on an offer to go hunt her down. I’ll have to murder her for making me worry so,” she laughs at that. A joke, of course. Adelene would likely murder Lyanna if they ever found each other, because Lyanna would pretty much smother her at that point. No more letting the girl out of her sight. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow - I'm so sorry that took forever! If you want to end it here (seems like it's probably a good ending place), that works for me. They can definitely meet up again soon. Lyanna is excited to have a friend, haha.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-14-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-14-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 06-25-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: moving past ghosts - by Glasgow - 07-19-2016, 05:52 PM