the Rift

[OPEN] at the water's edge

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
Syrena would have laughed, if she could read minds. What good was her little parlor trick? Once, she could steal the souls of men and make herself immortal. Once, she was so much more than a gray seal-skinned mare who swirled to different colors in the water. Feared, strong, beautiful. Anything but this mare that spent too much time standing by the ocean hoping her sisters might find a way to save her. Turn her back. Make her into a siren again.

They never came, not after that first time. Maybe she wasn’t asking hard enough. Maybe she was asking too hard, too desperately.

She actually laughs as the filly asks if it’s a curse. Not at the girl, but rather how spot on that observation was. The girl keeps going, trying to cover it up, but Syrena shakes her head a bit looking actually (almost pleasantly) amused. “Oh, it’s a curse dear. Just not in the way you think. I was far more powerful before Helovia. This was the only bit of my magic Helovia didn't take from me.”

The girl switches topics though, and Syrena, shockingly, finds the girl somewhat tolerant. Who would have expected that? She doesn’t so much mind children, or at least, this one. Granted they’ve only spent maybe ten minutes together, so her feelings could change. “I suppose you could, if you earned the magic for yourself. But perhaps, as you grow, you will find you are better suited for something else. What are your favorite things?” Mostly she didn’t care if someone else changed colors in the water, but a little part of her wanted to be the only one. It was the only special thing she had left. And besides, the girl was young yet. There were very likely other magics that the girl would prefer.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Bathsheba

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
at the water's edge - by Syrena - 06-12-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: at the water's edge - by Bathsheba - 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: at the water's edge - by Syrena - 06-23-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: at the water's edge - by Bathsheba - 07-03-2016, 12:29 PM