the Rift

[PRIVATE] infinite potential

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind

Both the owl and doctor laugh along at Lyanna’s joke about her teal wings. It was probably true! Alysanne had never been very good at hide and seek either, with the vast majority of her body being a bright white.

As far as flying being worth it, the painted doctor still felt a little sketpical but she had not given up on learning just yet. She hardly had the excuse that it was unnatural considering she had wings though it did feel strange to not have the solid earth beneath her hooves. “I hope so! Perhaps we could practice together some more later?” She didn’t want to presume to take up too much of Lyanna’s time, but she had to admit it was easier (and more fun) to learn with company - especially when the only other one she would ask for help was who this would all be a surprise for.

Alysanne assumed that Lyanna’s hesitation about joining in with the Edge was because this still wasn’t home for her - her home existed somewhere else, wherever her family was. But she hoped that Lyanna didn’t feel guilty about not being completely comfortable right away - that was hardly ever how this worked. It was a new land, new rules, new customs, filled with new faces - no matter how kind they were they could not replace the bonds of family. “It’s hard, learning to call a new place home. For the first year that I lived here in the Edge I was convinced it would only be temporary - that I would find my way back home to my family again. But you know my flying skills and I have a terrible sense of direction so it was a hard problem to solve.” Alysanne knew the forest in the Edge by heart now but it was still common for her to get lost outside of its borders without a guide - and certainly without Hemlock, who kept her path straight. “I did eventually, I visited them but I found this place called me back.”

She wondered if Lyanna had that option, if she’d be able to visit wherever she had come from or if it was lost to her. This didn’t seem like the right time to ask but maybe as their friendship deepened the black mare would come to trust her with her story. “Many of us weren’t born in Helovia, we found our way here from one broken home or another - many without the chance of returning. If you ever want to talk, you can always come find me - and you’re right, the other members of this herd are kind as well.” Alysanne offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile - it had admittedly been awhile since she had been on the giving end of any advice lately.

She was glad Tembovu had not managed to come over yet - it would have been harder to speak so freely with Lyanna with his oppressive presence.  

“But I am glad that you’re enjoying your stay here. The effort that you’re putting in means everything, no matter what pace it comes at. I’d be honoured if you’d accept a promotion to Apothecary within our ranks, if it would please you, to further your healing education.” And here her smile widened, green eyes watching the mare hopefully to see what she would think of the news.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna :D
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-13-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-14-2016, 10:54 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-15-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Tembovu - 06-20-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:05 PM