the Rift

[PRIVATE] infinite potential

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

ALYSANNE.
Paint with all the colours of the wind

“Perhaps. It was a very long time before I actually felt that I belonged here.” Perhaps it would be the same for Lyanna or perhaps this place would never be home to her - there was no shame in either option. Alysanne just hoped she would be able to help in whatever way she could if the time came for Lyanna to try to seek her home once more.

Their happy conversation stuttered when Alysanne caught movement - instantly recognizing Mbwene and  a moment later her bonded was emerging from the nearby trees. Not so practiced in concealing her emotions, a flicker of a shadow interrupted that bright smile. It was instantaneous, that crawling across her skin that began when he appeared - and though she took pains to maintain her friendly exterior for Lyanna’s benefit, Alysanne couldn’t help but worry he had been eavesdropping - that the more personal side of their conversation hadn’t been overheard. It simply wasn’t any of his business, as far as he was concerned, and it wouldn’t be any easier to get the teal-accented mare to open up to her with his presence around. She would have to remember to make an effort to listen when she next got a chance.

She didn’t miss the wariness in the Elephant King’s greeting to her and it made her feel ashamed. Since when was she someone that invoked such a response? What was she becoming?

Hemlock nipped quickly at her ear, encouraging her to stay in the moment. “Hello Tembovu.” Her greeting was short but she offered him a small smile, only the faintest of edges hidden deep. She would not let her distrust of their king and dislike of his company ruin this moment.

But her smile was genuine when her green eyes moved back to Lyanna, pleased with the words of praise given from the king to their new apothecary. “I am very glad you’ve accepted, you’re going to do wonderful! Congratulations, Lyanna.” Her voice was warm with affection, so happy to see the black mare settling in - whether she thought she was or not. “I’ve been rebuilding the herb garden, perhaps you’d like a small lesson on what we have growing here right now and how we care for them?” Green eyes slid to Tembovu and with a tremendous force of will - she maintained her cheery demeanour. “You would be welcome to join us as well, of course, if you wish.” But she wasn’t entirely sure it came out as a genuine of an offer as she hoped.

image credit
table by imi <3

@Lyanna I didn't know how to finish it so I figured we could continue a little longer if you're up for it! <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-13-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-14-2016, 10:54 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-15-2016, 11:45 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Tembovu - 06-20-2016, 10:11 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Lyanna - 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: infinite potential - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: infinite potential - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:05 PM