the Rift

[PRIVATE] I’m unusually hard to hold on to

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
The boy heard footsteps. They were heavy, striking the ground with a hardness that reflected the gargantuan size of the individual approaching. Rein tensed, his ears flicking backwards, his mind racing as his navy gaze hastily searched the ground for a sharp rock. He felt no fear, despite understanding that the one approaching was large, and could be dangerous. As long as he found a rock, he knew he would be fine. The matter of finding a suitable stone, however, wasn't easy, and caused a flare of panic to seize the boy.

He searched harder, quicker, the blood spattered boy nosing furiously until the stranger stopped. The deep, rumbling voice of the stranger proved him to be not a stranger at all. The boy raised his head slowly, looking curiously up at the stallion, his eyes wide and childlike, as they had been when he had first met the King.

"I remember you," but I remember the stories of you even better, he added silently. His composure remained stoic, his curiosity far quieter than it had been when they first met, but far louder now than it had been in many moons.

The boy returned Tembovu's gesture, tersely dipping his own, comparatively minuscule crown. His question stumps the boy, his navy gaze flicking away from the warmth of the Elephant King (who, he noted, was now being trailed by an actual elephant). "A...rock. It doesn't matter," the boy replied softly, dismissively. His eyes flicked back up once more, not giving the gargantuan any time to reply. "Tembovu I-" He didn't know what he was trying to say. The King knew his mother well, didn't he? He could trust him with the truth, right? "I'm confused," he stated softly, his golden brow furrowing and moving from the stallion to the skyline. "I wanna leave the Basin, well I kinda already did, but I don't wanna leave my mom and..I dunno..I dunno what to do..I guess I was really lookin for answers, but I can hardly even form the questions," he stated dejectedly. His gaze stayed fixated on the horizon, on the stars and the moon. He felt far away from Tembovu, from the meadow, from his body and his hooves and his mind.

"Talk."

FIVE BAJILLION YEARS LATER SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT D: @Tembovu
Rein
While you without remorse or pity fight,
So much in death and carnage you delight

image | coding
[Image: 56b8020492908]

Messages In This Thread
I’m unusually hard to hold on to - by Rein - 06-13-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: I’m unusually hard to hold on to - by Rein - 07-19-2016, 10:26 AM