the Rift

time to get your head on straight

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Oh, this one was pure gold.

Laughter, boisterous and gaudy, rang out between the trunks of trees and silenced the critters of the forest; it seemed as if the newest addition to Helovia didn't leave home too often. The arrival of two more pegasi did nothing to deter the tiny mare from her fit of chuckles, no, this particular experience was too rich to be wasted on introductions. The voices of the others were all but drown out beneath the slight lass' fit of giggles and each time that it seemed she would stop, those golden eyes landed upon the lavender stranger once more and the laughter would bubble up again.

At last, though, after what seemed to be an age, Ovidius blinked away her tears and plastered her signature grin upon onyx lips. With a nod toward the mare who had called herself Rhea, Ovi let her voice fill the cracks in the atmosphere, "I would introduce myself, but it seems like the Purple Princess over here beat me to it. Ovidius the Betrayer, I kinda like the ring to that one." Flashing a wink toward the newest member of Helovia, the obsidian lass moved closer to the lavender hued grouch, eyes flashing with mischief.

"Yes, beware, sister! You've entered the Haunted Forest, home to the Wing-Snatchers and their brood. I was once beautiful and free like you, but the denizens of this forest trapped me with their beauty and stole my wings!" She almost lost it then, a new wave of giggles threatening to overwhelm her, but she tamped them down, trading her grin for a wide-eyed look of horror, "Beware those in peacocked garb! Beware the one beside you, oh mighty warrior, she is one of them! A demon in beautiful flesh sent here at the behest of the Dark Mother to steal your wings and tie you to this damnable earth for eternity!"

Ovidius only kept up the façade for a few more moments, the walls of her performance crumbling upon a wave of guffaws. Moving so that she stood beside the towering figure of Rhea, the tiny mare's smirk made an encore appearance as her leonine tail wrapped daintily around the spine jutting from her rump. Shifting so that her weight was pressed to her right side, Ovi popped out a hip and leveled her mocking gaze at the foreigner, "Kidding, of course. You might not know this, my Most-Moronic Highness, but these spikes grow out of my spine and they do it naturally. In fact, most denizens of Helovia lack wings - you're the minority here."

Heaving a dramatic sigh, Ovi rolled her thin shoulders, causing the spikes upon her back to clink together softly, "I can tell you don't get out much, but honestly, looks like the whole bird-brain theory isn't exclusive to our avian friends." With a quirked brow and a skeptical smile in her eyes, the petite maiden allowed herself a single chuckle before settling back into silence.

@Nirvana
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
time to get your head on straight - by Nirvana - 06-13-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Yaotl - 06-13-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Rhea - 06-14-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Nirvana - 06-14-2016, 11:09 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Yaotl - 06-16-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: time to get your head on straight - by Rhea - 06-16-2016, 10:26 PM