the Rift

[PRIVATE] wise decisions

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The King shifts, watching the roan’s strong, compact body emerge from the trees and walk towards him—but anxiety tightens her face and shortens her usually sweeping gate. Great skull cocks slightly as he watches her, though he nods his muzzle in an answering greeting to the dip of her dual-curved horns. Navy eyes glance to her horns, momentarily admiring their symmetrical beauty. Forever would the Elephant regard two horns as superior; it was too ingrained in his cultural makeup to be changed.

But his gaze returns to her golden eyes, ears sweeping forward, when she joked of his preference for cliffs. His thick, black lips curve in a rueful grin, head halfway swinging to look along the expanse of the cliffs he so frequented. “I come from lands of wide-open plains, so I am used to seeing things. Trees and mists hinder sight in the forests and mountains, but the cliffs… you can see the horizon, here,” his low rumble was quiet and surprisingly candid in response to her joke.

Mbwene, meanwhile, had no time for her bonded’s impromptu sincere words. Instead, she leaves her snacks and trundles towards the roaned woman the moment her bright blue eyes catch sight of her gilded bangles. She brays a brassy greeting, ears flapping in hello. Though her sharp gaze catch that her silken, roany locks were now tangled about a bangle, and so her trunk reaches and points, a demanding snort coming out of her trunk. Her intention was clear: she wanted to untangle the mare’s mane for her.

Grinning outright at his companion’s antics, “Dacianna, I thank you firstly for coming and secondly for your dedication to the Edge. Your recruiting efforts have swelling our ranks and your endeavors in scholarly arts have not gone unnoticed,” his head dips in affirmation of his words, “And I also am grateful for your help in digging the trench around our borders. It is thankless, laborious work.” He snorted and shook his head slightly in rueful amusement—the glass spikes should be worth it, though.

“So I am happy to elevate you the Sage rank, in recognition of your commitment and hard work,” his deep rumble pauses as he smiles and looks at her for a moment, “Tell me, how do you find the Edge?” It was not often that the King had a chance to ask those who dwelled in the herd about it. And who better to ask than one who climbed the ranks?
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Dacianna Congratulations! :D thank you for being so active in the Edge! <333

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
wise decisions - by Tembovu - 06-14-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: wise decisions - by Dacianna - 06-17-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Tembovu - 06-21-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Dacianna - 07-03-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Tembovu - 07-12-2016, 01:36 AM