the Rift

[PRIVATE] wise decisions

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Mbwene trilled a happy trumpet as the gold-decked woman acquiesced to her commands, trunk eagerly attacking the thick locks that snarled around the gold bangle. At first, her trunk was surprisingly gentle and dextrous, the small tip deftly untangling small clumps of gilded and black hair. But, as time wore on, her ministrations grew quicker, more annoyed, and perhaps more rougher than intended as the mare’s thick locks proved to be more prone to tangling than untangling. And, eventaully, even the small elephant’s trunk was wrapped in the mess of tangled hair.

With a soft, chirping harrumph, the calf extricated her trunk and slowly started again, eventually unwinding all the tangled locks from the bangle—though it took her much longer than she intended. A triumphant squeal, paired with a soft stroke of Dacianna’s velvet nose, and a glance at her bonded, the small matriarch released the newly appointed Sage from her attentions and tottered towards some Birdsong-budded bushes for a well-earned snack.

Tembovu, wholly amused by the antics of his companion, watched the calf while listening to Dacianna’s words. He grinned and glanced at her as she said he should invited her to the cliffs more often, but his grin faded as she expressed her reason for thanking the Edge and giving back to it. His head tilted, attention wholly focusing on the roaned Riftian—though she was Rifitan no longer; she belonged to the Edge. “I know you will not disappoint me, Dacianna,” his deep voice rumbled in a simple, genuine reply to her thankful words at her promotion.

He nodded subconsciously in both agreement and satisfaction that the gold bedecked woman found the Edge welcoming. A lopsided grin grew once more across his thick lips, staying in place even after she asked after the enemies of the Edge. His low voice was easy, conversational, as he answered her, “In the past, the Edge has had tenuous relations with the Aurora Basin and has even been involved with invading other herds. But that was before my time in Helovia; as of now, we are allied with both the Basin and the Hidden Falls. We are friendly with the Dragon’s Throat, and have traded with them, but no formal alliance exists between us,” he paused, eyes sweeping along the cliffs before landing back on Dacianna, “Though I come from war-torn lands, and Helovia’s history is not a peaceful one. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and so we erect protection at our borders.” His voice grew deeper, more solemn, as his words took a turn towards the ominous.

Shaking his head lightly, he returned to his earlier, convivial tone, “But, tell me, have you travelled to other herds yet to gather stories? Are there any that you can share with the herd?”
Tembovu
The Elephant King
image | code by Avis

@Dacianna we can continue this or let it fade? I wasn't sure what you wanted and saw some conversation possibilities <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
wise decisions - by Tembovu - 06-14-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: wise decisions - by Dacianna - 06-17-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Tembovu - 06-21-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Dacianna - 07-03-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: wise decisions - by Tembovu - 07-12-2016, 01:36 AM