the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

Though none before had said it, it would always be true that the way to Ashamin's heart was through his companions. Ovidius did not mince her compliments to the cerndyr, and so she very quickly struck it. She had asked to be Ashamin's friend and extended her cheek in consolation, appealing herself to the two bonded before she even spoke to them.

Ashamin, even with his mind unblemished by their biases, accepted her warmth with thankfulness and friendship of his own. His nose, soft and roman but hidden beneath the rough tangle of his horn, brushed her offering with kindness; his eyes, dark and unending, were brimming with appreciation of her sympathy. "You may consider myself your friend and ally, Ovi, as long as I can call you the same," the Clovenheart said warmly, asking as he gave. He did not expect anything but agreement from her, for she was a bright spirit that Ashamin perceived to have a giving heart.

When her compliments rolled off her tongue and towards the cerndyr, it was made even more clear to the former haruspex that she was a mare of many gifts. He cast an almost fatherly glance over the two creatures, watching their responses. Each perked up as she picked out their natural talents and highlighted their skills. Lochan was not vain, but Rakt took a simple pleasure in the fact that his newfound ability was obvious even from the outside and shook his coat out proudly. His bellow was soft but kind, and stardust settled along the shore and shimmered as it mixed in with the sand. Lochan, quiet and un-breaking, only blinked and turned his antlers to catch in Rakt's protectively. It was not that the little eye did not trust Ovidius, but rather that he wished his bond-mate would show off a little less.

"You charm them," Ashamin said to her with a smile, a long whip of his white tail against the sand. "And you've pegged their specialties, too. Rakt is particularly proud; he's recently discovered magic to summon spirits of swiftness," Ashamin said with a turn to The Blood. The cerndyr was young and his magic was new, but Ashamin was proud of it nonetheless.

What Ovidius asked next, then, warmed Ashamin's heart. He did not hesitate to answer her. "Ovidius, I would be happy to have you at my side. My companions and I would welcome you, then, to join the group that we've begun to gather, as any rank that you believe suits you best." He did not look past her, he did not look out to the ancient and ever extending sea. She, the mare of many gifts with swift access to his kind heart, had his full attention now.

""

image credits

@Ovidius :)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM