the Rift

[PRIVATE] Surf's Down

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Relief flooded the tiny mare, the creases and wrinkles about her face smoothing out as she relaxed. Her usual, carefree grin returned to it's home upon her lips as she beamed up at the three creatures before her, all adorned with horns and a sort of genuine kindness that could not be taught or learned, but just was. It was almost too easy to pay attention to the words that spilled from the stallion's mouth, too melodic was his voice and too charismatic was his character.

It came as no surprise to the golden mare that he had traded a place of servitude for one of leadership, she would trust no one else to govern and care for her now that she had served witness to her new friend.

So in awe of his gilded tongue and lovely demeanor, Ovi almost didn't catch the actual meaning of the words Ashamin was speaking. She would clearly need to work on not getting so distracted by him in the future, but as the word "son" slipped from between his pale lips, Ovidius couldn't help but cry out in joy. Not only would she be useful, she would have the privilege of teaching Ashamin's own progeny! Not only did the stallion trust her with his name and friendship, he trusted her with knowledge of his child.

It was a gift so vast that, as it settled upon her shoulders, a warm realization of her value, Ovidius felt a new sense of purpose begin to unfold within her heart. She could do something here, beneath the watchful gaze of Ashamin and his companions. She could truly follow the path she was given to something glorious, to something truly and entirely successful. Her pulse began to race, the thrill of potential and it's actualization rushing through her body in a wild rush of anticipation.

She couldn't wait to get started.

Yet the reddened stallion still had more to say, offering her a choice between a crusader and absolver (whatever that was). Cocking a back hoof and leaning to the side, Ovi allowed herself to sink into thought, to truly consider a decision that very well may define her entire future. How dramatic, she mused, eyes trailing over the moonlit sands. She thought back to her run in with the Elephant King, and how he had almost squished her beneath his big belly. Shuddering, Ovidius cast a quick thank-you to whatever gods were listening and whoever had kept her from becoming crow food.

With an absent nod and a straightening of her stance, Ovi huffed a bit and responded to Ashamin with all of the determined derisiveness her little body could muster, "I would like to be a scholar, but if you're up for it," Her mask of regality slipped away, revealing a wry expression and a wild glint in her eyes, "I could use some advice on how to make my spikes a little more effective. Have any pointers?"

Tail lashing at the air about her hindquarters, Ovidius danced back from Ashamin's muscular frame, her terrible pun threatening to overtake her with her own laughter.

"Come on, Shammy! Show me how it's done!"

Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Messages In This Thread
Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-14-2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-14-2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 06-16-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 06-27-2016, 07:51 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ashamin - 07-07-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Surf's Down - by Ovidius - 07-11-2016, 01:31 PM