the Rift

[PRIVATE] from where you are

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

"Thank you my dear." She could have whispered or shouted the words and they'd still make your heart flutter. Surely you would never grow tired of the Doctor's sweet pet names. You moved as a pair, your steps naturally matching for a moment here and there before you hesitated or your toe drug for just a second too long. The silence no longer lingered, but shrouded you both like a dark cloud; Alysanne was never so quiet and.. distant. Is that the correct word? You could feel her old soul that never had a chance to bound in childhood, and it was aching. She needed someone, just as much as everyone else needed her.

"I just… I don’t even know how to say it, or to explain." Your eyes found hers once more, no longer distracted by your own thoughts that revolved around just her. "Everything has changed in these last few years and I no longer feel as though I can handle the change. It feels as though I am becoming lost - as though I don’t fit with what things are now in my home." You drew in her words very seriously, rolling each one of them over and over again in your head to find the correct response. You knew plenty about change and how it could effect one in a whole. Helovia had watched you mold into three completely different beings before you finally had become the man you are now.

Just as you found a few words to begin with, the woman added more. "I’m a ghost of the mare you first met in the caves."

Suddenly you danced forward in hopes of cutting Alysanne off, heavy tail arching and flicking as you pranced and swung your hindquarters away to face the woman head-on, noses just inches from each other by the time you stopped. "We were just kids. Of course you're not the same person I met.. you're a woman now." Dual colored ears pressed forward, eyes watching the paint carefully. "Listen.." you started, your tone hushed and comforting. Unsure of exactly where to go first, you sighed heavily, eyes closing tight for a moment before opening to find the comforting green. "I get it, change is.. well, scary. You are a strong, very strong woman Alysanne."

Long toes shift to broaden your stance, your head swirling with thoughts and ideas and unsure words. Why can't you just tell her what's going on in your head? Will you sound selfish? No, she would never take it that way.

"I, uh.. I haven't always been who I am now. When I was younger, I.. well, my first home was in the Basin, where there were no pegasus or equines allowed. I was.. well, I was pretty twisted I guess you could say." you paused, wanting to tell your friend about us, about how we raised you and how we have limped you along through life. Alysanne wouldn't be the kind to judge you for that.. would she? No, this isn't the time, this isn't about you. "Anyway.. I grew from that phase, and I tried to be compassionate. It was hard, because I've been.. sick, for a long time. I did it though. And I wanted to die, and I couldn't handle it, but I kept going. Then I met you, and a few other friends, and Ouija came along.." you trailed off, your eyes gradually falling to Alysanne's pale legs and pretty little round feet as you spoke.

You had so much to say, but what should you tell her now and what should you save? How do you tell your friend that she's been so selfless that she's tiring herself out? "I guess my point is life gets hard and you do get angry, but you have to push and I promise it gets.. better, the harder you work for it."

Big empty eyes looked up again, searching for any understanding of your rambling in her eyes. "I'll do whatever I have to, to make you happy." Why wouldn't the remaining words string into a sentence? You had so much more to tell her and you wanted so badly to reassure the woman that she would make it through this issue - as long as she wanted to - but your brain wouldn't allow it to come out.

"I can't help you unless you want me to though."

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices.'

@Alysanne

Image by Nicole-Studios @ DA
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-14-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: from where you are - by Voodoo - 06-14-2016, 03:29 PM
RE: from where you are - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 12:21 PM