the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bruises

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

While I was in the middle of giving myself what I thought to be a rather moving speech - all about how I needed to get it together - when all such thoughts evaporated at the sound of another’s voice. It was familiar - which was startling all on its own - and I twist to spot a great stallion standing on the shores of the small lake. A great winged stallion. “Oh!”

I get over my shock at recognizing him fast enough to actually hear the words that he has spoken. Why did everyone that spooked me insist on speaking with manners? It hardly made me feel any better about how my heart was pounding as I tried very hard to look at his face and not his wings. “No, I was just… spooked.” My auburn tail moves in the water behind me, the cloth tied carefully in it becoming soaked but my attention was on other things. I felt as though I needed to explain why I had bolted - especially since a similar reason had caused me to bolt just moments ago. Had he been the pegasus that flew above me? I hadn’t paused to get a good look.

“I had never seen a winged horse before…” And then, in a softer voice, my eyes trailing from his to rest on those odd appendages. “Are you a god?” As it had with Seren, it felt like a ridiculous question when actually spoke out loud but it felt an important one. How was I supposed to tell who and what the deities were in this place when everything screamed magic? Seren hadn’t been a goddess but I couldn’t quite shake the sensation that I had accidentally stumbled into a place where mortals like myself were few and far between.

He certainly looked the part to me and the idea that he could be a deity did little to calm the fear rising like bile in my throat. In the lake, I would not be able to move quickly away if I needed to. This was a foolish action and I silently curse myself - hoping that I would not miss the need for an escape route.

@Graasvoel <3
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-27-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-30-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 07-24-2016, 05:11 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 08-27-2016, 03:41 PM