the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bruises

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

“World’s Edge? That sounds dangerous.” My eyebrows might have quirked as I thought about it, if I had any. But then, I supposed, someone with wings wouldn’t mind living on the edge of the world. Someone I met in the Threshold had been from the Edge, the one who had used magic. It made me wary of Gaal. Well, more wary of him. It wasn’t like I was just sitting around, completely calm around him. I felt restless and I wasn’t sure that my heartbeat was ever going to calm down. Was everyone in the World’s Edge magical?

“I’ve been staying in the Aurora Basin.” I was careful to not stay living in the Aurora Basin because I wasn’t entirely sure if I was living there. Or if I was just staying for the time, staying until I could figure out what else was possible for me to do in this world now that I had lost everything.

I wasn’t stranded here but where do you go when you’ve got nowhere else to go?

These treacherous emotions undoubtedly flicker through my golden eyes as they course through my mind but I’m distracted from these thoughts because Gaal was extending one of his wings. He moved slow enough that I don’t flinch away from it and the next words from his mouth are so surprising that I actually laughed. How long had it been since I had done that? The sound of it surprised me again and I had to shake my head to try to get a handle on the bubble of bright, ringing laughter that is trying to escape from me. I didn’t have that light, tinkling, lady-like laughter - it was full of life.

Once I finally did get a hold on it, I considered his offer for a moment before deciding. “Don’t move.” I warn him as I take a cautious step forward in the water, the ripples from my movement clashing with the ones he had created with his wing. I keep a wary eye on him as I stretch out my muzzle, moving impossibly slowly toward the offered appendage. I feel like every muscle in my body is made of stone, I’m so tense and just waiting for him to move and spook me. But if he remained still, I finally made it close enough so that my freckled muzzle brushed a soft caress against his wing. “They’re so… soft.” I marvel quietly.

- - I am lost and found

art by mockingale

@Graasvoel :D
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-17-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 06-27-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 06-30-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: Bruises - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Bruises - by Graasvoel - 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM