the Rift

[OPEN] till my kingdom comes

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit

In time Romina will learn that the truth is the best manipulative device, the sharpest knife and the deepest wound. The banshee will come to understand that an effective lie holds the most truth, and that a heart's hidden desires are the most enticing promises. Her own inherent honesty will fade with time and the understanding that she is different, removed from the sheep of Helovia, and that they do not deserve the purity of her heart beneath the blackness of her apathy. There is no fear in answering the older child, no lies that spring forth at this tender age; even as she naturally weaves and twists her words to suit and glamorize her escapade. She is a princess, with royal golden blood and fine-boned beauty. Her parents and twin adore her, her herd is mighty and beautiful, and she has known nothing but praise and affection in her short life. She will tumble from that golden throne and spend the rest of her life bitter and vengeful, climbing her way back to the rightful top.

He is merely the first in a long line of faces that she will record into her history, and whether he fades or remains is yet to be seen. She is still youthful and mostly innocent, a tender bud in a blooming landscape, yet to make her mark on the world.

He entertains her, at least. Inquiring further, giving her the stage and the spotlight, and she wanders ever closer to him on tiny legs that do not falter. In time this natural born grace will be utilized, but she is still mostly unaware of her differences. Naive, even. Burning orange eyes flirt with pale lashes as she smiles, coy and devious all at once. Teasing and playing is well within her wheelhouse at this age, a subtle macabre twist to the ways of the young coating her intentions enough to give the perceptive pause.

"Why should I tell you? If it's a beast you're too young to kill it, and if it is treasure, I would keep it for myself." One hoof stamps in playful underscore of her words, little opal nubs catching on fire for a brief second in her playful rush. It is harmless but dazzling as it licks at the sky and illuminates the skin of her inner ears, blues and pinks and whites swirling and crackling. Romina wishes she could control it, despises the fact that her emotional state is always so obvious with the way the flames appear. It is embarrassing for the child, though it will become a weakness in adulthood.

But her face falls into something quiet, musing over the taste of bitterness she senses from his tongue. Lips quirk as she imagines her beast of a brother, with his monstrous body and huge horns. "I'm not easily frightened, though," she responds softly, lips twisting into a smirk of satisfaction that as of now is too cute to inspire any real negative emotions in others. "The most interesting things hide behind the scariest skin." Already she knows this, because her brother is the most beautiful gem she has ever encountered, and he is wrapped in the shawl of darkness and danger. Is Kid similarly intriguing? Or is he the first to present himself as an outlier?

"How boring," Roma dubs his answer playfully, kicking into motion and prancing away a few steps, peering over her little shoulder with big eyes, a silent Aren't you coming? "Good thing I found you, then. What is your name? I can't call you the boring skeleton after all." Well she could, but Romina liked to think she had more creativity than that.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.
Don't waste your heart on me.

Messages In This Thread
till my kingdom comes - by Romina - 06-14-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Kid - 06-14-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Romina - 06-15-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Kid - 06-15-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Romina - 06-29-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Kid - 07-04-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: till my kingdom comes - by Romina - 07-11-2016, 09:58 PM