the Rift

[PRIVATE] Maybe I'm a different breed

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit

Romina was no mind reader, and it was likely for the best that she was not. With the girl’s short temper and fierce individuality, she’d likely explode at anyone who dared to comment upon her unnatural additions. Though she has the height and body of an equine, she is slimmer. Her round face, her pink fleshy nose, two large ears, and of course her tri-toed hooves. Romina is not quite deer, but not quite horse either. And she is proud of that. Normality was boring, and Romina would not be a boring individual if she had any input on the matter.

While she was more than accustomed to weird glances and whispered words, Romina had yet to be subjected to forthright bullying or judgment. Though she was unaware that it was likely because of her mother’s status, it also allowed her a degree of peace as she enjoyed childhood as it was meant to be experienced. In time her differences would be revealed and preyed upon, but today was not that day, for Raeden did not speak the questions on her mind, and Romina did not focus well enough on the maiden to suspect anything untoward from her. The cerndyr was far more interesting, in the fae’s opinion.

Of course, that didn’t mean the woman would let her be. It was a shame Romina couldn’t speak Tin’s language, for surely he wouldn’t ask questions about responsibility and safety. The girl internally rolled her eyes, exasperated. Adults, right? They were all the same, sometimes. But Romina wasn’t one to be outwardly sassy upon first meeting someone, and instead flicked big orange eyes at the pale cream woman ”I don’t know, but Mama must be coming. Didn’t you hear the howl? That’s Alice.” Not that Romina understood that Raeden wouldn’t know who Alice was or what that meant, but she didn’t really see the point in explaining the situation much further. She wanted to talk to the cerndyr!

But Hotaru had pounded manners into her daughter, and so Romina patiently awaited a name and a rank. A familiar rank, actually. ”Is it warmer there? In the Edge? I hate how cold it is up here,” the child stated frankly, a frown creasing her pretty face. Nerves flickered across her features, wondering if it was rude or treasonous to ask such questions. It’s not that she didn’t love her herd and her family, she just hated the cold. Her body wasn’t well equipped for it, not like her twin with his majestic hair and hulking stature. As if cementing her dislike for the weather, the girl shivered, shifting around on her delicate feet to try and chase the chill away. It was supposed to be summer, what was wrong with the north?

Her discomfort was abruptly shattered when Tin finally responded to her, a cervine squeal that had Romina’s big ears shooting up and excitement lighting up her face. She repeated the noise back at him, dancing around in the snow in excitement as she butted her similar nose towards Tin’s, hoping to touch him. Raeden translated Tin’s message for her, and Romina beamed with pride. Before she could ask him any more questions, it appeared Tin had a few for her first. She frowned lightly at the hidden admonishment that reminded her that children were not supposed to be so liberous with their wandering. Romina couldn’t help it, she hated the snow, and there was so much to explore and conquer.

"I’m from the Basin. And I’m not usually alone,” a total lie "Mama usually has Alice come with me. My brother comes sometimes too. Mama would come but she has to be a ruler,” Romina scoffed, rolling her eyes visibly this time. Romina adored her mother, but it didn’t mean she wasn’t bitter about the fact that they couldn’t spend much time together.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.
Don't waste your heart on me.

Messages In This Thread
Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 06-14-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-01-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-12-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Ru'in - 07-14-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 08-09-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 09-01-2016, 10:00 PM