the Rift

[PRIVATE] Maybe I'm a different breed

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit

Whatever exasperation bubbling in her like lava remains only glows hotter as the stranger comments on her mother's habits and feelings. She scoffed softly, ears bowing back towards the short, fluffy hair on her nape. Even in an expression of annoyance it is an elegant motion, with the soft curves of her long ears. "Energy could be better spent doing anything other than worrying," she grumbled, feeling heat prickle across her temples as if warning her that her magic would soon burst into life once more if she did not reign in her legendary temper. She did not want her mother to worry after her, Alice's presence was already stifling to the young babe. There was a reason she had conditioned her brother to always be able to find her, to come to her beck and call if danger was ever near. There was a reason why she tried to endear those around her, those separated from her bloodline. Because she was not so young as to think the world was safe, even if that only formulated in her mind as various predatory, primordial animals in the wilds.

To quell the flame of her irritation the doe instead focused on the pale cloud woman's tale of her land, describing a far more temperate, eerily beautiful atmosphere. Excitement thrummed in Romina's heart, racing alongside each pulse and beat as she envisioned exploring this land. Learning of its culture, its kings and queens, its foliage and prey. She and Ru'in could finally be free of the icy clutches of the North, the chill that they both so dearly detested. It would require little effort for her to convince him to flee with her, though the pesky nature of their blood family would take some navigation. So long as Ru'in could craft (and Romina would ensure her brother received every desire of his golden, simple heart) and they were together, nothing else mattered to the Banshee.

"Maybe someday your mother will let you visit it."

Romina grit her teeth violently, careful to keep her face blank. She did not do well with authority, even implied authority. The Basin was family, even if they were not blood. And she answered to no one other than her mother, as of yet. Mother does not have the power to tell me whether or not I am allowed to visit, she hissed in her head, wanting to venomously spit the words aloud in response instead. She loved her Mama, deeply. Idolized her. But if Romina wanted to explore, she would not be impeded. "I'll say I know you if I go, is that okay?" Because that seemed like the polite thing to do, and Raeden could be her shoe in the door. Association, after all, was a powerful thing.

Nobody had to tell Romina to cherish her brother, though she supposed the sentiment was driven from the mare's lips by nostalgia of some sort. But it also seemed to herald the arrival of her brother, his silent arrival noticed immediately by the petite doe. Her eyes lit up with bright orange flames, a loving smile creasing her beautiful face as Ru'in came to stand at her side. "Ru," she crooned, immediately sidling up to him and pressing their skin together, reaching her dainty muzzle in a demand for affection. Raeden's comment had distorted her emotions, and she needed Ru'in to center her once more, lest her antlers remained coated in iridescent flame for the entirety of the day. Plus he was warm, and she was always quite happy to leech it away from him.

But Raeden's words drew Romina's attention back, and the girl swelled like an enraged cat as she leaped to her brother's defense. "He doesn't like to talk to strangers," she hissed, a sibilant sound that Romina barely restrained from making her anger apparent. Her tail lashed unhappily at her hocks, not sure what to make of the woman with how she both liked and disliked her. Turning her delicate face up to Ru'in's closest ear she whispered to him in a soft voice, words meant only for him. "You're perfect as you are, Ru. Good job finding me," she crooned, brushing her lips against his neck briefly. While the Banshee had not left with the intent of having him track her down, she would praise him nonetheless.

Alice is not far behind Ru'in, her violet smoke pouring off her, hell black eyes and the mark of Lucifer on her shoulder the only other distinctions keeping her visible on the backdrop of snow. Romina loves it, loves how she seems like a ghost with nothing but poisonous violet smoke rolling off her. Alice trots up towards the twins, keeping her distance enough to be respectful - she is aware they do not necessarily like how Hotaru makes her trail them. But Romina notices how Alice stares at Raeden, almost surprised if the hell-bitch were capable of such an expression. Instead she just looks between the hound and her unknown aunt, waiting for a response.

romina
Don't waste your heart -
On a wild thing.
Don't waste your heart on me.

Messages In This Thread
Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 06-14-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-01-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 07-01-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 07-12-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Ru'in - 07-14-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Raeden - 08-09-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Maybe I'm a different breed - by Romina - 09-01-2016, 10:00 PM