the Rift

[OPEN] hope and memory

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

What were the chances! Alysanne’s jaw almost fell right off when it opened up in response to the white mare’s words. It took her a moment just to realize how incredible of an opportunity this was, how amazing of a coincidence this was. Or perhaps it was fate! It wouldn’t be too hard to believe that this star-white mare was some sort of angel, the way she appeared in Alysanne’s moment of need.

“Really?!” Her green eyes started to swim with tears again but this time out of happiness. “Oh that would be wonderful. I’m sure we could find rope easily.” She was already searching her mind for plants they could use to make the tie, or perhaps Hemlock could even worry a little thread from the leather bag hanging at her side.

But as happy as she was about this chance encounter, she would not ignore the soft words from the mare - the admission of a similar pain. She didn’t - couldn’t - know that Sohalia had known true loss where Alysanne only had absence. She extended her muzzle, aiming to nudge this new friend in a small show of sympathy, genuinely grieving for the loss of the mare’s children. “I’m sorry that you know…” She broke off, the words catching in her throat and she couldn’t actually speak them. “I would not wish this on any parent.” Believing that they were out there, simply lost instead of lost forever, was enough on some days but not all of them. She had tried to build a new family in the Edge but loving her herd mates was not the same as loving her children. Nothing would ever replace them.

“I’m Alysanne, a doctor from the Edge and I’d be… forever in your debt if you would help.” She stepped back then, leaving the three feathers on the ground and making enough room for the other mare to get as close to them as she needed to.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Sohalia
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 06-17-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:25 PM