the Rift

[OPEN] hope and memory

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
If the dove had ever stopped believing in fate, this chance encounter would have restored her waning faith. A small smile graced her lips as the painted mare beside her expressed her gratefulness. "Of course," Sohalia responded softly. "It would be my pleasure." She was surprised to find that the stranger nudged her softly, empathy in her pretty features. It was rare that the Transcended found herself in the company of such a compassionate companion; rarer still (at least these days) was it for her to stumble across a new friend. She wondered if kind souls had become harder to come by, or if she had simply become a recluse.

"As am I," she agreed with a frown, pain flashing briefly in quickly lowered eyes. "I wish I could tell you that it gets easier, but..." She sighed heavily, raising her bicolored gaze once again, her sorrow and solitude evident. It had been years since Skysong's death; it felt like eons since Diniel's. In comparison, her time away from her living children was short; but that, too, weighed on an already heavy heart. "I wish we had met under better circumstances, Alysanne." She was careful to repeat the name to cement it in her memory. "I am Sohalia, of... the Dragon's Throat." Her hesitation was marked. Could she even claim the sands as home anymore?

With a nearly imperceptible shake of her head, Sohalia gazed thoughtfully at the three feathers laid out before her. They were, as Alysanne had explained, a tad bent and tousled. With a deep breath, the Transcended called on her magic. Slowly a glimmer began to shine at the base of the first feather, growing and glinting as crystal grew to gently encase the soft object. The dove took her time, trying to coax the feathers into their natural shape as she worked. In the end, the three feathers were fully encased and preserved and (she hoped) rather less bent than they had been when she had started.

With a smile, Sohalia looked up, pricking her ears forward hopefully. "They should withstand just about anything now," she told the paint. "My crystal is quite hard to break. However, should you ever notice any cracks, please seek me out." She paused, regarding her work with pride. Then: "What are their names? If I meet them, I will try to send them to you, or at least let you know that they are well."

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-
Sohalia
Image Credits

@Alysanne
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 06-17-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:25 PM