the Rift

[OPEN] hope and memory

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne didn’t think anything of the hesitation in Sohalia’s voice before saying she was from the Throat - it could mean a dozen different things and it wasn’t her business to pry. She too wished they had met under better circumstances but she was glad that they had met - it was wonderful to meet someone so kind and it lightened her heart.

Hemlock remained on the ground near the feathers but hopped respectfully a food or so away, taking Aly’s lead to give Sohalia space to do her work. Both owl and mare watched with avid curiosity as the magic started to take form. It was clear that there was an artistry to it and Sohalia worked with the medium beautifully - smoothing out the kinks in the feathers as they became weighed down by the crystal. Alysanne did her best to stay as quiet and still as she could - not wanting to interrupt.

As they were finished, however, a delighted gasp escaped her as she took in the result. “Oh Sohalia, they’re perfect! You’re an artist!” She complimented the work with delight as she stepped forward again, lowering her head to investigate.

At the question about her children, her smile changed - growing sad but fond. “The brown one belongs to my daughter, Naerys - she’s just two years old now. And the white one is from my son, Artorius.” She gently breathed over them each as she spoke of them, a note in her voice that only ever came when she was speaking about her family. There was room in Alysanne’s heart for everyone she met but her family was something different - and she imagined Sohalia would understand that. Her green eyes shifted to the last feather, the one with a mixture of black and white. “This one is my sister’s, but she’s with me… for now.” Alysanne explained with a smile. Hemlock hopped around the feathers now, nudging them gently with his beak to inspect them. Then, carefully, and one by one he picked them up and put them into the leather bag at Alysanne’s side.

As he did that, her attention focused more completely back on the white mare by her side. “I don’t have anything to repay you…” She paused, trying to think it over - only coming up with one thing. “Except my headband here? It means a lot to me, almost as much as these feathers.” She adored her headband, the chain of glass and the small heart that rested on her forehead - it had been Kahlua’s first gift to her. But she felt as though she needed to offer something to Sohalia - something that meant a lot to her because that was how much she appreciated these crystal feathers. “And if you ever need me - as a doctor or a friend. I’ll always come.” She spoke earnestly, the promise coming with no effort at all - despite how so very recently they had just met. But Sohalia had given her a gift that was immeasurably kind and meant the absolute world to her - Alysanne was not someone who would forget such a thing.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Sohalia <33
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-15-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 06-17-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 06-23-2016, 09:52 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-01-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-14-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 07-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Alysanne - 07-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: hope and memory - by Sohalia - 08-06-2016, 02:25 PM