Ravel Posts: 15
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: III
Eshye
@Alysanne
by azagus

please teach me gently
how to breathe

Ravel revealed in the moment, slipping small moments of quiet in after her company’s questions before answering them with her own soft voice. “I am new here, yes,” she said. New, but carving a way for her family… she hoped. She thought of mentioning her brother, of how he would come and join her soon, but perhaps somewhere in her heart she knew that would be wrong. But in that moment she did not allow the sorrow she felt to take hold of her, and instead put on a small smile. The sadness could wait; she just wanted to be happy for now.

Though having just met this mare, Ravel enjoyed her company very much and longed to hear more about her and her chosen profession. She wanted to know what brought her to the Edge, what made her want to care for others in such a devoted profession. She enjoyed hearing the smile in the healer’s voice as she spoke, and did not want to hear her speak with anything but a gentle curve of her lips from happiness.

“I will leave the nurturing of the body to you, my friend,” she paused for a moment, inhaling the now-comforting scents of the Edge, the earthy smells of her company. Her smile widened and grew softer still. “I prefer to nurture the mind, the soul.” She paused again, a tiny laugh escaping her. The sound was rough and quiet, easy to miss. But she shook her head just so and continued, “Have you lived here long, Alysanne?”
★ harm her if it pleases you,
but death is not ready for her yet

Messages In This Thread
we could wait forever - by Ravel - 06-15-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Alysanne - 06-16-2016, 10:17 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Ravel - 06-17-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Alysanne - 06-20-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Ravel - 07-10-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Alysanne - 07-24-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: we could wait forever - by Ravel - 07-26-2016, 03:05 PM