the Rift

[PRIVATE] water for elephants

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
the Elephant
His black brows raised as Nyx spoke of her adopted daughter, Oizys, killing random animals—alluding to further darkness in both of the fillies. Unease rose in him for a moment: was it a risk to the herd to allow foals of unknown lineage into the Edge to be raised? Nyx claimed they were found on the outskirts of Helovia, perhaps entire nonnative to the land. What darkness and evil could possibly run through their veins?

But he dashed such thoughts, for he knew they were based in fear-mongering. They were foals, with a hard start at life. They deserved a chance at least. So, instead of voicing his concerns, the King simply asked, “Oizys has magic?” The mild question was amusing in the face of the dire fact that she used it to murder animals, so the King could not help a wry, lopsided grin that slid across his thick black lips.

But it died as quickly as it came, as Nyx continued to speak of her other progeny. It seemed many of her foals were missing, and so her uncertainty of her motherhood was manifested with an uneasy and miserable scraping of a toe in the dirt. He sighed quietly, navy gaze watching her dark hoof as it unearthed the rich soil. And he opened his mouth to comfort his General; but instead of assurances, confessions began to rumble in the quiet thunder of his voice, “Hawezi, my son, is also missing,” his usual boom of a voice was hushed and hoarse, “Elsa and I have had a… have had an argument and a misunderstanding. I believe my son blames me for it…rightfully so,” his dark gaze drifts from her digging hoof to the bright drop of Mbwene’s blood on the lush grass.

His ears tilted back, gaze following Mbwene’s trunk as sh slowly unlisted it and tucked it into her mouth, cleaning the blood with her lips and tongue. She didn’t like the metallic taste, as told by a frown of her wrinkled face. “Thank you,” he said distractedly in response to her claim that he seemed ‘more assured’ in his role as King, “I am glad it seems that way.”

He sighed again, head dipping she thanked him for the gifts, “Show me your gratidue by using them, Nyx.” Only now does some mirth and warmth enter back into his voice, replacing the forlorn loss of his son. Finally his navy gaze returned back to her electric one, watching her closely once again.
Image by Blu

@Nyx

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
water for elephants - by Nyx - 06-17-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: water for elephants - by Tembovu - 06-30-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: water for elephants - by Nyx - 07-12-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: water for elephants - by Tembovu - 07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: water for elephants - by Nyx - 07-24-2016, 09:09 AM
RE: water for elephants - by Tembovu - 08-30-2016, 10:41 PM