the Rift

[PRIVATE] salt mines

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
My stomach contorts and ears fall back as she so easily brings up our first conversation, how little ol' me preached of her inferiority because she had budding black horns on her brow. And now it's come to light, the feeling of such acidic words dripping from milk stained lips— bubblegum darkening at the mention of those sickening ideas I'd been fed (by none other than Mother). I look away from the grulla, ears reaching for my skull as I try to pick up the pieces of what past me had broken. My face contorts momentarily as I try to come up with the correct response, the mending words to heal the old wounds. "I was an idiot," looking up to meet blue-grey eyes as I search for something (forgive me) as my words resume, quieter now as my confidence melts away (I'm not even mad anymore). "Still am, but I'm not in blind pursuit of my mother's favour anymore." Too much happened over the months we didn't see each other, too much to explain to her (to tell her she was the first unicorn that I ever thought was okay). And then, rather than fall sullen and quiet in my moments of self loathing for the pure idiocy of myself, I shrug my shoulders teasingly at the filly and smile subtly. "Yeah, you were alright." The sarcasm finds its way to my words as I look over at her (that's as much as she's gonna get from me), from gently turned corners to a full on grin as the words fall from my tongue.

I almost yelp in absolute shock at her laugh, eyes drawn to the gaping maw as her genuine laughter spills out— it's almost nice to hear her laugh (to have her laugh from my words), to know that my shit (ha) humour amuses her. It ends abruptly (and very quickly) when from her lips falls a disastrous, vile sound that makes me think someone just crammed a foot up a poor animals ass without warning (rest in peace, buddy). I start laughing solely for that reason, caught up in a giggle fit as I witness her tail slap against her skin forcefully, eyes drawn to it as the sound hits my ears. "I'm taking that as a yes, you know. Now the world can bow before Queen Bullshit and King Chickenshit," I grin stupidly and puff my chest out a little bit, trying to make myself look like some bulking, powerful king (to which I am not, yet).  The laughter ebbs away, remembered only with the smile plastered to my face as she attempts to change the subject from her infectious laughter to something almost as equally amusing.

Had I been older, I would probably have cracked several (several) vulgar jokes at the idea of someone ramming an object into my ass. But because I'm still young and pure as fresh snow (not), the jokes remain hidden behind clenched teeth. Would she even understand the vulgarity behind my antics? Probably, she did just insinuate such boorish humour in the first place. Before I can even register that which leaves my lips, the words tumble along and I just smile and pretend it was what I meant to do (which it was not). "On the list of things that aren't going up my ass, that is one of them." I am not letting anything that sharp come anywhere near my asshole (I'm gonna need it later), especially not a horn attached to another individual. No fucking way. I'll do some shit, but not that shit (and excreting out of my nostrils sounds like it would be a disaster).  

The dismal storm grey witnesses my magic at work, bubblegum sifting through the false disinterest and witnessing there the approval— the dull illumination of subtle blue eyes as she witnesses my magic (that's right, be in awe). "Well, if it is, we're gonna have some lovely assholes running around Helovia. Maybe it'll become a new trend." I shrug, mischievous grin settled on the onyx features of the filly as she stands there silently for a moment, eyes drawn to the bulk of her body (she's gonna be taller than me, god dammit). She says (not very convincingly) that she'll try to keep me from budding out the back, my ears falling back and an unconvinced expression befalling macabre features. The sarcasm pours out of me naturally, snorting in appreciation at her promised attempt to keep me from her magic's touch. "Wow, thanks." There's several passing moments, ears on a swivel in wait for the moment where something happened— at least twice I turned my head and wiggled my butt to make sure there were wasn't a full bouquet of budding flowers peeking from beneath my tail (there wasn't).  

I notice the shift in the air, the smell of static as the hair in my mane begins to stand on end with the summoning of something great. And there, before us, is a crackling equine who stands at shoulder height to the girl— the equine is nothing like us though, make with pure electricity sizzling beneath its raw form. Pink eyes swallow everything up, the arching electricity a threatening force as another super charged creature comes to exist— this one is an eagle, matching her companion (although nothing solid, purely energy). The companion screams in outrage (disgust?) at this new competition, barreling in for attack with talons at the ready, eager to shred the crackling figure. The moment the spark-eagle dispels its powerful shock against the other raptor, it dissipates into nothing but a sizzling plume.

With my mouth agape and eyes wide, I turn back to the grulla and grin. "Holy shit." Her own face was in awe at the power she now possessed— it makes me think maybe she had thought she was given the ability to bring a touch of spring out of an unfortunate asshole.

"Talk."
kid
run my reputation.

image | coding

@Oizys

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
salt mines - by Kid - 06-17-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM
RE: salt mines - by Kid - 06-18-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: salt mines - by Oizys - 06-19-2016, 11:29 AM