the Rift

[OPEN] every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"I'd rather die my way than live yours."

Another day. Another patrol. 

The painted pegasus no longer too lazy patrols over the edge, she flew with a purpose after the herd had been the victim of repeated attacks from thieves.  The wind whipped angrily at her mane and ruffled her feathers (though not more than those disrespecting the Edge’s borders).  Iona had long since become used to the blinding wind.  Disrespect, however, would never sit well with her. She snorted, but the sound was lost in the whipping wind. 

As she flew towards the border she caught the unmistakable shapes of both her sister and Elsa who seemed to be tackling the thicket clearing project.  Iona made a note to double back when her patrol was finished and see what she could do to help.  The winged could see the use for the little project, but she wondered about the overall efficacy of such a project.  I mean, wasn’t the glass health hazard evidence of such a project gone bad?  Nevertheless, she saw how it could be helpful against a ground attack, but Iona was always looking for the weak spots.  And right now she was concerned about the skies. She could chase out petty thieves or solitary attackers...but she couldn’t keep out an army of winged invaders. 

She called upon her rank magic and masked herself from view, hoping to have some advantage in flushing out would-be thieves.  She was doing her best not to descend into a stage of paranoia, but found herself struggling.  However before she could even reach the border, she was distracted by a mighty bellow. 

And then the screaming started.  Or at least that’s the best word that Iona had to describe it. Panicked, she turned and hurried back towards where she’d last seen her sister - immediately concerned for Alysanne’s safety and wondering just what the bloody hell was going on.  As she grew closer Iona suddenly grew disoriented and then suddenly…visible.  Her magic had been stripped away. The sky grew dark and the air around became bitterly cold.  

She wasn’t entirely sure what she was looking at, because the thicket she had flown over not so long ago certainly wasn’t the same one she was looking at now.  She landed near the group and slid to a stop before trotting over to Alysanne, her ears pinned to her skull. She looked to the others, while keeping a wary eye on the angry looking thicket. “What the hell is going on?”

-- I O N A --

tags:
quote: lauren oliver
image credit

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Elsa - 06-17-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: every rose has its thorn [Herd Quest] - by Iona - 07-28-2016, 01:44 PM