the Rift

[OPEN] Splash me with Stars

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Night shines like lightning

Coal legs stand unsteadily in the heart of the Falls, the lush grasses teasing my ankles as I walk closer to the moonlit shimmering pool. Several times I have watched the sun rise and fall before I found this serene place inside the herdland. I stop my thoughts and force a mental to say the word, home. Inside your home, Vu. I coach myself, the past few days have been lonely and not as I dared to imagine leaving it difficult for me to call this place home. After Ciceron granted my request on his Frostfall offer he disappeared and I have not seen any sign of him. The lost girl in my head shakes the bars of her cage, her expression remorseful though I do not blame her for this mistake. Her large, youthful eyes beg me to reconsider what plagues my thoughts…to simply walk away resuming my nomadic life.

Cerulean eyes darken in time with the clouds swaying over the moon.

I turn away from the lost girl and physically my form mirrors the action, turning away from the water to stare back at the tree line and the path I now know will take me to the border and to a life of loneliness. As I gaze into the shadows something inside shifts and cracks; a sparkling tear wells in the corner of each eye.

Blackened ears flit to pin to an equally dark skull.

Charcoal foreleg lifts up and pounds firmly back to the ground once and I whip my broken gaze around to rest on the water once more. During my wanderings of this place I saw others roaming about sometimes alone and sometimes with others whether they be equine or different like the tigress Ciceron keeps company with. Legs shift my weight and I move to enter the pond, the sensation of gently swirling liquid grounding my brain and offering perspective. The ripples move out, expanding their network and I know there is no one to blame but myself for not attempting to speak with a member of my new “family.” The word grinds it way through a locked jaw, “Family” Moving deeper the water laps against upper sides and softly I whisper to the midnight air, “Rift is gone from me again.” Upturned gaze finds the stars and a constricting heart eases a fraction. “And even here, I am still alone.” I sigh as slim legs come to a stop at the last point where I can comfortably stand, still gazing at the heavens.

Splash me with stars

"speech"

OOC: Eh not my best, but openers suck. Open to anyone.   

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
Splash me with Stars - by Vu - 06-18-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Brisa - 06-19-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Knox - 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Vu - 07-06-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Splash me with Stars - by Brisa - 07-06-2016, 08:05 PM