the Rift

[PRIVATE] your graceful youth never lasts

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
There are few places I have explored (or explored extensively). In the time I've existed I've managed to map out Helovia and the general landmarks within its borders. And although I've explored each land vaguely (given it a once over, merely passed it by, etc), I have never actually delved too deeply into the exploration of them— haven't taken the time to map out the lands to the fullest extent. In the beginning I had reason for it, Mother and her agitation when I spent too much time away from her was enough to compel me to return home— that and I couldn't leave Sabre alone with her, I felt guilty each time I would return to see Sabre sulking and Mother triumphantly bloodied. Now that Mother is the one sullen and blue and Sabre has been swallowed up by the passing of time, I have no reason to return before the moon peeks over the treeline.

Today I've decided (at random) to go deep into the ominous, wailing caves nearest Helovia's bubbling magma pit. I've only ventured so far into them, in pursuit of Sabre (ow) when we were at the ripe age of what— three months? Whatever the case, it was long ago, on a day where my memory should have faded into nothing, melded into the continuous thundering of charcoal hooves against my sides.

Quiet hoofsteps cascade down the passageway as I make my way down, descending into the underworld with my lips pursed and ears alert. As brave as I am, there is still a hesitant caution to the way I ease myself into the underground (perhaps that's it). The uneasiness in my stomach makes me careful to watch my step, mismatched hooves clicking over slick stone as I travel farther in. The roaring sound of a waterfall overwhelms my senses as I pass by one gaping entrance, head swinging that way to witness the awe inspiring wonder of a hidden cavern.

Vegetation grows over the cold, damp stone, my hooves yearning to tread upon such familiar earth. So there I go, a silent king taking his rounds through a foreign kingdom, pacing through the room with subtle awe in my eyes. Bubblegum catches on something (amber champagne), a familiar body drifting into my line of sight. A faint blue glow basks over the area where her head lingers, champagne body bringing a subconscious sense of safety to my mind as I make my way towards her. I recall that night so clearly, the moment when I stumbled into her embrace and let her kiss away my pain— the scars are still there, standing out against my skin against a sea of such smaller, less significant etchings. "It's you," is all I can manage, the words exhaled from my lips with something genuinely sweet (wow)— my entire body sighs out with the release of those words, bubblegum alight with something akin to happiness as I see her.

"Talk."
the boy king
image credits

@Sikeax

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
your graceful youth never lasts - by Sikeax - 06-19-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: your graceful youth never lasts - by Kid - 06-19-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: your graceful youth never lasts - by Sikeax - 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: your graceful youth never lasts - by Kid - 07-27-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: your graceful youth never lasts - by Sikeax - 07-27-2016, 11:55 AM