Sparrow
T
R
I
S
T
A
N
The ivory lady raised her pretty head and Tristan lowered his, submissively, hesitantly, and clearly uncertainly, ears flicking forward as he carefully watched her every movement. One wrong move on her part and he was ready to bolt, but... Surely nothing would happen, right? As long as he was inside of the herd boundaries, he was safe. Romani and Destrier had told him so. Any fears of her allegiance were quick to dissipate when a small, curling smile lit up her features, and the young Prince's gaze brightened, tail thumping against a sooty rump.

'Hello Tristan.' Her voice was warm, welcoming, motherly, setting him even more at ease. She smelled of the Hidden Falls, of the lush fields and thick grasses, of the morning dew and flowing cool waters. The colt's inquisitive turquoise eyes snapped to the white lady's companion. Perhaps, if he hadn't lived with Kasai, Merlin, and Suli, Tristan wouldn't know what a companion was, but he did, even though he had no idea what this specimen was. It definitely was no white tiger like Kasai, or a dragon like Suli and Merlin, that was for sure.

The white mistress went on, her tone just as soft and imploring as before, and humbly did she introduce herself. Brisa was her name, and it rang no bells in the colt's head. Then again, he hadn't met very many members of the Hidden Falls herd, preferring to stay close to his mother or father, their companions, or in solitude. Hikari was the name of the companion, a cute little thing with more than one tail, which the sooty colt found oddly endearing.

He smiled, boyish and charmed.

"H-hello, miss Brisa, and... And Hikari." The name was hard to say on his tongue, strange and foreign, but he dipped his skinny muzzle towards the pair, remembering his mannerisms and eloquence.

Brisa went on, inquiring what he needed assistance with, and Tristan's sooty breast puffed out as he inhaled, teeth gnashing in a bright smile, his previous transgressions against the ivory lady completely forgotten with her kindness and generosity. The Prince's muzzle opened to speak, and then he paused mid-breath and instead lowered his head to rub at the irritating, relentless itch of his left eye against his left foreleg. He scratched and itched and groaned and muttered incoherent words of displeasure, clearly uncomfortable, and it was only when the itching had subsided enough that he heaved a breath and looked back up to Brisa and Hikari, feeling somewhat sheepish.

"Um... Um." What had he wanted? Water? A salve? Was that even the right word? "Do, um... Miss Brisa, do you know where any w-water is? Or, or... Um." Here, he paused, lips pursed in thoughtfulness as he blinked repeatedly, deformed eyelid scraping along his left eye in the most displeased way. "Um, or salve? Momma calls it salve. The thing made by mushing smelly grasses together? Salve?" He snorted and stamped a small hoof in indignation.

"My eye is stupid, and it hurts, and... Sometimes Momma will put salve on it and make it feel better. Or, or rub water on it." Normally the young Princeling would be far too self-conscious or scared to ask a complete stranger to help when it came to his eye, the ugly, deformed part of him that he was ashamed of, but the itchiness and the pain was simply too much.

Image Credit

@Brisa - Sorry for the wait! :D
What is that quest that pulls me onward?
My heart is full when you are by my side.

*Please Tag Tristan in All Posts!*

Messages In This Thread
Pieces of the Puzzle - by Brisa - 06-19-2016, 10:43 PM
RE: Pieces of the Puzzle - by Tristan - 06-24-2016, 12:25 PM
RE: Pieces of the Puzzle - by Brisa - 06-26-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Pieces of the Puzzle - by Tristan - 07-09-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Pieces of the Puzzle - by Brisa - 07-12-2016, 06:48 PM
RE: Pieces of the Puzzle - by Tristan - 07-25-2016, 05:25 PM