the Rift

[PRIVATE] Little Things

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The Rock Rabbit was not alone for long. Two arrived, and they seemed to him a warm comfort despite the fact that they were strangers. He was thankful that this world had no bandersnatches; he did not know where he knew bandersnatches from.

"Hello, giant." he said with a clarity that was perhaps unexpected. Even he was not certain of how he knew how to speak, but he supposed that as the Rock Rabbit, it was his duty to know all forms of language. Thus, he accepted the words issued forth from his igneous lips with grace. The Rock Rabbit did not bow his head because, despite their disparagingly different sizes, he was the superior being in this cave. Without thinking, he wiped away a remaining gravel tear from his puffy cheeks. When it landed on the shore, it hissed and spat with red.

"I am the Rock Rabbit, you know," the creature explained. He stood on all fours and stepped towards the other creature--the small, silent one. "But no, I suppose you don't know that. I'm a new one, and if I'm here then that means this world hasn't ever had a Rock Rabbit before."

He paused then, contemplative. In his dark eyes there was a little bit of wonder and a little bit of loss. There was still something he needed to remember, and still something he didn't know. It seemed that the Rock Rabbit was full of information that was not applicable to the situation, but lacked the knowledge of the one thing he needed to know.

The little thing paused and looked up at the larger one with expanding curiosity. "Do you know what I've forgotten, giant?"

Image Credits

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Little Things - by Random Event - 06-20-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Little Things - by Tembovu - 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Little Things - by Random Event - 06-30-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Little Things - by Tembovu - 07-11-2016, 11:39 PM
RE: Little Things - by Random Event - 07-25-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: Little Things - by Tembovu - 07-27-2016, 09:17 PM