the Rift

[OPEN] Eyes are the Windows [welcoming]

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

It was Matanye who alerted the Poisoner to the King returning to his land, the proud avian soared higher and higher from her companion's sights until she was a meer smudge upon the bright blue tapestry above them. Serpentine eyes narrowed, as clawed paws unfurled themselves from the rock they had found purchase upon. Though they couldn't speak, Kiuaji knew when she had found something that required his attention.

The mist provided the most excellent coverage in his dabbling with magic, he was merely a wraith in the fog, a shadowed demon lurking in the mist, something children caught in the corner of their eye as burnished scales glittered briefly into the smothering silver. Matanye had long grown used to it by now, her wariness replaced with indifference long ago as she watched him change and change back time after time. Practice makes perfect, he would utter to her, after soft fur became slicked with skin and barrel heaved with laboured breathing. "I suppose we better go greet our new guest, see what orphan dear Bov has dragged back to our slice of paradise." He mused, "Go on ahead." He uttered to her, watching her disappear over the treeline as he began his own trek towards the borders, elongated body curving around and over the various rocks and fallen logs.

It didn't take long for the Crowned Eagle to appear from the mist and the fog in front of Tembovu and his guest, a shrill cry given towards the Elephant King to signal her hello, reserving an unsure click for the stranger. Her pristine feathers of rusted reds, blacks and pristine whites standing out against the landscape, a proud display of her own elegance and regal stature, she hovered but for a moment in front of them before her large talons found balance on a nearby rock. Hopefully, Tembovu would get the message by her presence that his old friend would not be too far behind her, if not, she would be more than happy to give the plains king a swift pecking. 

What was it like, after the fall?

Those words were heard by Kiuaji, as his monstrous form swirled from the depths of the mist, body contorting and changing with uncomfortable breaths and ragged pains hissed between gritted teeth. The concealing mist changed and chopped the approaching shadow, smaller and smaller it grew, refined and reshaped into the unicorn as he finally stepped out of the mist in a delicate gait. All curves and swaying haunches, like a maiden from shores far from where they stood, long eyelashes fluttered over gemstone eyes. Dear Tembovu, you pry too much into the past, he thought with a coy smile, you are opening doors filled with skeletons and memories made from dust and ash.

"Bov, you should know better than to chase the echoes of ghosts. You will find a ghost that does not want to be disturbed." The words came out like silk, filled with mirth as his purple orbs shimmered with something decidedly the opposite. As much as he enjoyed raking his appraising gaze over the magnificence that was his friend, in all handsome and muscular splendor, and let his thoughts dance on fonder times of his sweetened thoughts and words towards the Plains King and his now absent Brother. Ah, if only I was a mare with the same sinful curves and eyes the colour of precious stones mined in the heart of the earth — there he went again. Clearing his thoughts with an exhaled breath, he turned his attention to the newcomer with a critical glance. "A hyena enters our mist, one with mismatched eyes and two crowns upon his brow. Tell me my dear, are you blessed by fortune or cursed by it?"

He offered the stallion a smirk, and then turned his head back towards Tembovu, silken banners catching the wind to flicker in the current. "He's handsome, in a rugged sense. He might just beat you." He commented after a moment, ringed ear sweeping backwards and then forward once more.

"talk talk talk"

Some hearts are a desert you can die wandering in

Credits: Image by Littlewillow-Art @ DA

@Imani @Tembovu
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Messages In This Thread
Eyes are the Windows [welcoming] - by Tembovu - 06-22-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Eyes are the Windows [welcoming] - by Kiuaji - 06-22-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Eyes are the Windows [welcoming] - by Imani - 06-22-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Eyes are the Windows [welcoming] - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 02:12 PM