the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Can See Clearly Now

Eliaren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 Hands :: 3 Years
Fray

Eliaren

She wasn't sure what to make of their conversation. Replaying the encounter, the words she had spoken, over and over in her head yielded no successes. What did he think of her? Did he like her at all? Or was she just another tiresome burden that he felt pity for? Mauja's face remained expressionless, not even the smallest movement could give away what he was thinking. Scarlet orbs, large and doe-like, studied the stallion, taking into account his massive stature, almost floating across the ground with large strides. Had any of her mother's bedtime tales of the pure and majestic unicorn detailed a beast like this? If they had, Eliaren thought she would've been able to remember. She had thought them only to be stories - nothing more. The woman never believed in unicorns nor the magic that they wielded. Until now. Now, she had to believe. There was one here, in this moment, before her very eyes. He was of an ethereal, indefinable quality.

Was this real? Or was it purely a figment of her imagination?

Eliaren paused behind Mauja for a moment to take in the beauty that surrounded her. Thick evergreen forest slowly transformed into clusters of limber willow trees. Peering between the long, draping branches she caught a glimpse of open space and the glimmer of water. Nestled beneath the canopy of green lay the crystal-clear pool.

"So, this is it, huh?" She was well aware of the exact expression taking over her face. Her eyes twinkled, brows quirked, that ridiculous half-smirk plastering itself across her maw. All of this was in an idiotic manner but she was powerless to control it.

Her steady frame drifted through the willows surrounding the pool, and came out not too far from the water's edge. She stepped closer, stopping just before the lapping waters could reach her hooves. Letting herself relax a little, allowing a snort escaped her nostrils, she approached the bank of the crisp, cool waters. There the mare stood, the tip of her long, bedraggled tail just barely being tugged at by the gentle current as it hung down. Craning her neck, Eli looked out across the water. A weary reflection gazed back up at her.

It had turned out to be a wonderful day, and she wondered if Helovia was always this peaceful. No. It was simply impossible. Nowhere was truly safe. Don't be silly. Rather than the dead browns and grays she was so used to seeing during her time spent in the mountains, now the canopy was beginning to be painted in vibrant shades of greens and various midseason colors. Though lucky enough to avoid the humidity that comes with summer months, Eliaren found that that this time of year was by far her favorite. Yet she feared she could not let her guard down, despite her calm surroundings.

@Mauja

Messages In This Thread
I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-22-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-23-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-26-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-28-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-29-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-30-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 04:58 AM