the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Can See Clearly Now

Eliaren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 Hands :: 3 Years
Fray

Eliaren

"As do I," she replied with a small, indulgent smile. She turned her head to face Mauja. His muscled neck shone bright against the blue depths, spiraling horn projecting from his forehead glimmering, damp forelock sticking to the side of his face. This gentleman was no less alluring, stark white coat soaked through up to his shoulders. Where the wetness touched it, his hair clung to his frame, revealing chiseled, finely-carved features. He was quite handsome.

Another balmy spring breeze caressed rings of ripples on the surface. It was as if the wind itself had placed her under a trance, forcing her to watch the power it had over the pond.

"There is something special about it - the water - it's mysterious, I know little of what lurks in its darkest depths..." Eliaren's vocals filled with vibrant tones as she spoke. "I take it you don't come here often?" She noticed the unbridled flow of the waters gentle ripples, slowly weaving back and forth against the steadfast shore line of the wide expanse. How mysterious the darkness of it's depths could seem, as the shadows of the lilies playfully dance upon it's blue skin. If she could join the waters, she would become one with it's fluid motion. If the water had a voice, and asked her to join it on it's journey she would gladly leap in with her eyes closed and cherish the feeling of it's essence as it hungrily engulfed her soul. She allowed it to cleanse the earth's dirt from her body, while floating aimlessly in it's unbridled wake.

Slowly but surely, the little worry lingering in the back of her mind began to slip away. The dragonflies caught her attention, landing on a bullrush nearby, and the mare lifted her scarlet gaze from the stallion for a moment to see them in their metallic finery.

The surroundings aroused all the senses in her. It carried her away from the daily chores and chaos of everyday life. The sound of their paddling, birds singing, and the vast view put her in a good mood. She could lie and soak in the sun, while listening to the current, and think of nothing. Clean, fresh, rainwater smells, which was also very mineral-y, rose up from the surface. They were among the willows, who cast their reflection on the water on the west side of the lake making a dark silhouette against the blue. Earth, leaves, vegetation, trees. The sun shone down upon the forest, heating up the air.

Her legs moved continuously beneath her, churning the water. She wondered how deep the pond was, if she could reach down and touch the sandy bottom. It was impossible to see that far down, clear as the water was. The sun did not penetrate the lowest part of the pond, all that could be seen was a shady abyss. She enjoyed the noise of waves splashing, and the water hugging her delicate hooves.

@Mauja

Messages In This Thread
I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-22-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-23-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-26-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-28-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-29-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-30-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 04:58 AM