the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Can See Clearly Now

Eliaren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 Hands :: 3 Years
Fray

Eliaren

"Certainly that wouldn't have gone down well.." Eliaren replied. She was breathing harder, pink nostrils flared slightly, as her energy wore out she was forced to give in to the screams of her aching muscles. Using her teeth as best she could, the mare vigorously rubbed at the stains in her coat in an attempt to loosen the last visible dirt. It was hard to make out against her similarly shaded coat. Other than physical tiredness, she felt much better now. Much cleaner. Noticing Mauja had made his way in front of her again, she followed him as he turned for the bank.  

As soon as hooves touched the earth fatigue tried to rob the gem of her graces. But with slight struggle the seal-coated girl was able to keep her head up rather than falter as a sigh escaped her. Keen eyes were on watch as she took in their surroundings from the water, subtly double checking for anything out of the ordinary. Anything that might mean danger. But there was nothing there expect herself and this majestic white beast, and the whisper of a gentle wind in the willows and little bird hopping about in the branches, vocals worn from all their singing. It was done more as a reassurance to make sure no predator was lurking just out of sight, just in case.

"So," When Mauja's voice finally erupted from his throat Eli’s ears flicked back and forth. "Am I living up to your stories of unicorns?" A small smile worked over her features as she emerged from the water after him. Cool water dripped from her flanks, which had been cleansed of old grime and blood and whose dapples glinted radiantly. Her tricolored hair, which was slightly curly, fell down to her knees under its soaked weight. Droplets of water, sparkling like diamonds, decorated her ivory-masked face. Hoofbeats glided her through the shallows and away from the pond. She joined him on the shore, drawing in a breath of fresh air, muzzle twitching as a comment of sweet scents. As the stallion stood smiling before her (was that a small smile appearing on his blackish lips? she thought it was) the maiden took the chance to chortle lightly, "You are,"

The feminine smile hardly faded away as she craned her head toward the pond and then back again. Examining herself with great care, she groomed down a piece of hair that had been sticking up on her shoulder. She ran an eye over her entire structure, pausing at the few small scrapes on her legs, furrowing her brow with an expression of disapproval.

“I do feel slightly more presentable,” her voice trailed off as she positioned herself perpendicularly to Mauja, stepping a little further from the overhanging trees and into better light, which washed over her like a translucent cloak of gold. "Did I miss any spots?"

@Mauja

Messages In This Thread
I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-22-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-23-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-26-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-28-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-29-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-30-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 04:58 AM