the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Can See Clearly Now

Eliaren Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 Hands :: 3 Years
Fray

Eliaren

"Oh," she muttered softly, twisting her head in an attempt to see where this patch she had missed was. It was a spot that she couldn't even see, just out of reach behind her ear. Eli shook her head in apparent frustration at having missed the spot. Although, maybe if she hadn't asked him, she wouldn't have known it was there. It wouldn't have bothered her if she hadn't known. If.

Given her situation, there was no one else to ask for assistance. Her face felt hot. "Would you mind helping me out? I can't reach it." Was it stupid of her to ask?

Two sanguine orbs scanned his face for a moment, trying, searching for emotion on his face. He was incredibly difficult to read. It made her a little uncomfortable, a little worried even. She liked to know what went on in there, between synapses in that vast galaxy within the skull known as the brain. What would mind reading be like? Eli knew she could never read minds. It would also be quite horrible, come to think of it. She imagined so many little squeaky voices thundering in her cranium, babbling on and on, threatening to implode her fine structure. If she didn't die from irritation first, that was. There were so many things she wished to know and learn, but at the same time there were things best kept undiscovered.

The mahogany-and-cream woman could never make up her mind. Particularly when it came to what she wanted. Either way, she found it difficult to be in constant question of what he was thinking. She was just.. so unsure. And maybe nervous. There was a certain element of mystery about this man who called himself Mauja. Even dressed in his soaked-gray hide, he was standing tall and regal before her. Eli found herself drawn to his aura of mystery. She knew nothing about him, but she wanted to (did she really? or was she just desperate and alone..). Where did he make his home in such an enchanting land? One thing was for sure: he lived up to and surpassed her expectations of unicorns. They were supposed to live, to exist, only in one's fantasizing mind. Fairytales. She had always thought of horned creatures, unicorns, as such. Now she believed. She believed more than ever. Every time her gaze fell upon the spiral on his brow her heart skipped a beat.

Slowly, Eli felt her thoughts relapse. She wondered if her curiosity about Mauja inconvenienced him at all. He didn't seem to be inconvenienced. Maybe he didn't mind. Maybe he was used to it. Or flattered - maybe he was flattered. Or did she annoy him? Were her words too much, or nothing at all? She absolutely hated to be a bother. Her mind always went back and forth like this, and she hated it. It stressed her out. What good did so much thinking do, anyway? Not a damn thing. She decided to feel and not to think.

Damp strands of mane swaying in the wind, drifting across her front. As it began to dry, the long locked frizzed up a bit, sticking out in various directions. She tossed her head, attempting to bat the loose pieces away from her face and shift her forelock out of her eyes. The dappled mare stood before the sparsely spotted stallion, not lifting her eyes from his finely carved features. The sun beat down on her lithe frame, lifting the water from her coat and mane and restoring it's velvety texture. The end of her tail trailed behind her, pink tresses lightly stroking the ground.

@Mauja

Messages In This Thread
I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-22-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-23-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 01:13 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-24-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-24-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-26-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-28-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 06-29-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Eliaren - 06-30-2016, 12:55 AM
RE: I Can See Clearly Now - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 04:58 AM