the Rift

The Un-Luck of the White Stag

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

I had left the Basin - not permanently but just for enough time that I could think. Which seemed to be the only thing I really did lately - think and shiver and try to get warm. I was rebelling against the idea of Helovia becoming a permanent home, the way it seemed to suck in all the misfits and unfortunate wanderers that stumbled through the forest and into its grasps. They told me I would be safe here - or safeer - but I still jumped when there was movement behind me and shied away from the strange creatures that populated this place. I still wasn’t quite certain how to tell the gods from the mortals when everyone looked like beasts out of the legends and fairytales of my foal-hood.

I let my legs wander where they were - without purpose or knowledge to drive them - and was started to recognize the forest that I took shelter in when the rain began. I barely register the call from deeper in the woods because I am too wrapped up in my own foolish head.

This is where I had found my way into Helovia.

I could leave, if I just followed the deer trails through it, I could find my way back to a home that pulled at me as strongly as ever despite the fact that there was nothing left there that made it home - my mate and my child were gone.

Finding a tree to shelter underneath from the annoying drizzle - I get lost in my thoughts. My golden eyes drift lazily around the forest before me as I contemplate just how many choices that I do not want are laid before me. Until a bright spot amidst the grey and green gloom draws my attention.

It was a white stag and the sight of him made me gasp audibly - further proof how how foolish I am! I’m certain he could have heard me and I shift awkwardly where I stand before emerging from the shelter to watch him, aware that my cream and red-brown coat hardly affords me much camouflage in this forest. Not thinking anything of it because it was an elk - surely he’d ignore me and be on his way to whatever magical end.

@Leif she didn't feel like talking I guess GONNA MAKE THINGS DIFFICULT
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Leif - 06-23-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Elspeth - 06-23-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Thranduil - 06-24-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Banjo - 06-24-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Leif - 06-24-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Elspeth - 06-27-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Thranduil - 06-29-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: The Un-Luck of the White Stag - by Banjo - 06-29-2016, 08:33 PM