the Rift

[PRIVATE] never gonna let you go

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

She asks which mountains, and he takes this as a good sign; if she is showing an interest in him, then perhaps she is mellowing towards him. "I was born in the Heavenly Fields, up in the mountains, and spent much of my colthood in the forests nearby. However, when I was old enough to wander alone, I frequented the frozen north, where it's cooler. My mother, sister and I all share dark fur - we suffer in the heat more than most." He glances at Sikeax's own champagne pelt, noting for the first time how unusual it is. She must fit in beautifully in the desert south, and her lack of draft feathering would also help her cool off.

She also offers information of her own, revealing that she, her mother and their band lived in the northern ice caves. The goliath nods eagerly; he's keen to find anything they might have in common, anything to strengthen their bond. He doesn't get off on his women hating him - quite the contrary, because although he can be quite the objectionable beast, he is dangerously loyal to those he's close with. His harem, when he starts it, will be protected ferociously, and he hopes that each and every mare within it will both respect and like him.

The dragons note the approach of the mare's companion, now in large cat form; Vérzés gives a low hum of invitation and gestures to the tops of the jellyfish helpfully (those bits don't sting) but Vadir rears high and slams her massive body possessively down on top of her feast. Smoke blossoms from her nostrils as she glares imperiously down at the serval, her arms wrapped around the jellyfish and her tail swinging dangerously behind her.

Sikeax informs him that she joined the Throat after the endless night, and the goliath tilts his head. He hasn't heard of this before. "Endless night?" he asks, curiosity tinting his low voice. The notion of a Basin invasion is also of interest to him, and his expression darkens as he thinks of their death-exuding leader. He had defeated Confutatis in front of the greedy eyes of her children, took her armour, and Volterra has never forgiven him. Vengeance will be earnt, one day. Perhaps he will take the northern herd for his own, cast out his mother's conquerer; rise victorious over the Reaper and begin his own reign. Oh, he's plotting, deep down in that lust and anger-filled brain of his...there are plans in motion, cogs turning, nefarious ideas taking shape...

He jerks back to the here-and-now as Sikeax asks him if he's in any herds. He shakes his massive head, idly noting that the salty sea air no longer stings his jellyfish-bitten muzzle. "No," he answers. "I have never been part of a herd. Following orders, submitting to command, having my freedom purged...it is not in my nature. But I intend to rule, one day." He casts a glance at her to see how she takes this news. Is she the sort of woman who appreciates ambitious men, or will this revelation about his future plans cause her to shun him further?

She also saves him from a future of piss-induced pain as she points out that it only helps jellyfish stings, not every wound known to man. Ah. He chuckles, actually rather relieved that the golden stream is only as useful as he had previously thought - to mark territory, to own.

B E A S T

@Sikeax

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
never gonna let you go - by Sikeax - 06-24-2016, 01:47 PM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Volterra - 06-24-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Sikeax - 07-14-2016, 03:14 AM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Volterra - 07-16-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Sikeax - 07-23-2016, 02:51 AM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Volterra - 07-24-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Sikeax - 07-24-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Volterra - 07-30-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Sikeax - 08-13-2016, 03:41 AM
RE: never gonna let you go - by Volterra - 08-21-2016, 08:54 AM