the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burning Branches [SUN]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
ARE WE WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO SAVE US FROM BURNING TO DUST?
SHOULD YOU BUILD ALL YOU HAVE OUT OF NOTHING BUT ANGER AND LUST?

The last time the obsidian giant came here, his state of mind was...crooked, to put it mildly. He visited Father Earth with his mind numbed by the loss of Isopia, his emotions dulled and hidden behind a wall of steel. Mercifully, that particular dark phase didn't last as long as he'd feared, as he had instead chosen to pump his resources into interacting with his ever-growing herd of offspring. His children have given him something to focus on, something to take his mind off her. He still thinks of her daily, still misses her even more often than that, but at least he can distract himself with his children.

He distracts himself other ways, too. Volterra-ways. He might be a tad more responsible than he was back when he last came to the Veins, but he is still a hedonist at heart. He fights and he fornicates as he always has, but now there's a third F-worded activity that's almost as enjoyable as the former two - being a father.

Tyrath had barely mentioned his intention to go to the Veins, than Volterra had offered himself to go with him. He wants his children to become as powerful as they possibly can, and he hopes that he may be able to aid them in their quests for magic. His own quest is...in progress. Truthfully, the goliath doesn't often give it much thought, because he isn't the sort of creature who can just make himself feel things. He'll just have to wait until a scenario arises that jogs his mind into action, so until then he's quite happy to aid his offspring in their own pursuits.

He does have a somewhat ulterior motive, as well. Meeting more Gods, learning more about them....what horse in their right mind would turn that opportunity down? So he shows Tyrath the way, his own massive frame marauding close to his son's ever-growing body. "Here we are, Tyrath. The Veins of the Gods." He stands for a moment to observe the flowing veins of blue lava, the sky that hints at power, and the four distant shrines. Together they make their way to the shrines, and Volterra lapses into silence as his son approaches the one dedicated to the Sun God. That particular deity intrigues the young warmonger, as he has Sun's magical power running through his veins but knows next to nothing about him. Hopefully, that will be remedied fairly soon.

He steps back, to give Tyrath space. This is an important milestone in the boy's life; he has to do certain parts of it alone, although Volterra is a hulking presence at his side to offer support.

image credits

LONG SHOT and it's totally fine if not but would Sunny consider giving Vol his new leg-guards?

:: [ Item: Leather leg-guards | Defensive. Pair of leather leg-guards with faded dragon pattern, padded at front and straps behind, that fit beween knee and fetlock of forelegs. ]

I've used a medium item from my prizelist for them and I've been trying to think of a fun way for him to find them, and Sunny giving them to him would give him another God to respect :D It's totally fine if it's not IC for him though I just thought I'd ask <33

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 06-25-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Volterra - 06-25-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Astarot - 06-27-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by God of the Sun - 06-29-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 07-24-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Volterra - 07-24-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by God of the Sun - 07-30-2016, 01:48 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 08-07-2016, 01:21 PM