the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burning Branches [SUN]

Tyrath Posts: 61
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 2 [birdsong] HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Harcos :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Nova

Tyrath's ashen ears flicked forward and to the side momentarily, when the Sun God stated that many came for power and learned wisdom later. He supposed that was acceptable too, no doubt many came here before they properly understood anything of what they were asking, and learned through the process of trial, error and time. He nodded though, showing his grandfather that he had heard the words and taken them to heart.

When the conversation changed to the Sun confirming that Aithniel was his daughter, he listened even more intently. Crimson eyes fixated on the other's golden form, the news that his mother was not the first, but he had an aunt that was no longer here, brought a small downward twist to his marked muzzle. "What happened to her?" He questioned lightly, he wasn't going to press for an answer if the God didn't want to give it, talking about death could be a painful subject, even for those who were upon the higher plain, he was sure. Still, the confirmation raged a storm within the Colt's growing frame, rain clouds rolled in and the thunder sounded in the distance as he battled an inward fight to control and comprehend the reality he had been presented. It might not have been so bad, if Aithniel had stuck around to at least tell him, and then left him to his devices, there was a whole identity and family that had been left in the dark, left a sizeable hole within him that had festered into bitterness and loathing.

Volterra's outburst also drew his son's gaze, pale neck arched to turn his horned head towards the sound. An invisible brow raised toward the glance his Grandfather gave him when he spotted it from the corner of his eye. If he had known the kind of complicated relationship Volterra had now found himself in, bedding two demi-goddesses, and fathering a child with one, he might've changed his request to give his father the ability to disappear into nothingness. Evaporate before the Earth God could gate crash this family meeting and demand to know what the hell Volterra was playing at. It was one thing to bed mortal mare's with considerably tame powered fathers, you could out run, smooth talk and go toe to toe with them if it came to blows.

To bed children of Gods? Nice one, Apa. Between the Sun and the Earth, nothing said 'you fucked up' than a nice flaming boulder of disappointment to the head.

Still, the conversation moved on with Tyrath oblivious to his father's reality, the God took a step closer and met his eyes with his own molten gold. A part of him was relieved to hear that there didn't need to be a point to who he was, that he could simply be a young, foolish foal and let the point come later when he was a stallion ready to make his mark upon the world and succeed. Then, there was another part of him which vehemently rejected the advice, if he belonged to another family, that would be the sweetest music in the world, he could indulge in that advice but he belonged to a brood with ambition, a large and ever growing brood that all shared that similar ambitious streak, the similar desire to stand leagues above the rest. For the moment, he let himself listen to the small part of him that had been grateful for the God's words, his head bobbed again and a small smile played upon his muzzle. "I'll try not to let myself get too wrapped up in things, I suppose, for now." Adding the last words as a slight jest.

His Grandfather began to speak about himself, and present the skull-marked colt with a challenge, or a quest. Perhaps a bit of both? The youngster decided, it might be hard to find others who hadn't heard of the Gods. He could find those in the Throat who knew his Grandfather, maybe the diviner there? She might be worth finding. Already his mind was at work, trying to figure out how to do what his Grandfather asked without screwing up in the process. "I understand." He said, a little too eagerly than he realized, cloven hooves pressed against the hardened lava as his body seemed to jump with his coltish excitement. "I can do that."

A little caught up with himself, and his inner emotions taking a moment to ride on his excitement, a ray of sunshine broke through the internal storm, clearing the turbulent skies and letting Tyrath be just a normal colt for a change, a colt that had found a missing piece of himself that he had always wanted to know. He took a couple steps towards his Grandfather, velvety muzzle extended to press against gold neck as he wrapped his growing downy wings against Sunny in a hug packed with all the strength and emotion his frame could muster. As though if he didn't, his Grandpa would burst into flame and disappear, become an illusion he had fabricated, to cover up the hollow, bitter feelings he had inside. "I won't let you down, I promise."

talk talk talk

________________________________________________________________________________

using one of my VOTG Passes from my prize list to quest for:

[Dark x Fire :: active] :: able to summon a wall of soulfire arrows with a beat of his wings. Fire burns from the inside out on contact with target.
Restrictions :: [Wall extends up to 10m from body, cannot directly control the arrows.]

Tyrath
Here lies the Abyss

image | coding

@Volterra  @Mythical Request
[Image: tyrath_by_bronzehalo_d9yw5wg_by_arahvir-d9yx9ov.png]

Messages In This Thread
Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 06-25-2016, 02:06 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Volterra - 06-25-2016, 03:49 PM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Astarot - 06-27-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by God of the Sun - 06-29-2016, 09:23 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Tyrath - 07-24-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Burning Branches [SUN] - by Volterra - 07-24-2016, 09:55 AM