the Rift

[OPEN] so long

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I took my time going back to the Throat when I finally left the Threshold. I had a lot to think about in the time it would take me to walk back to the place that I had called home for many seasons. That Uncle Archi had asked me to go back to the Falls with him had taken me by complete surprise because he'd never meantioned me going to live there with him before. What surprised me more was that I was thinking about it, but what else could I do? It would be rude to outright tell him 'no' and it would be even more rude to just agree and not say anything to the ones I cared about in the Throat. It wasn't a decision that I was excited about making. The more I thought about it the more I felt like my stomach was tied in knots.

Time and distance seemed to go by far too quickly because before I knew it I was staring at the Throat from across the water. I wondered, as I stood there staring at the sandy shores, if Ros would be more willing to visit me if I didn't live some place she hated. I wondered if Momma would be happy to see me, or if Murtagh would be excited to have his sister in the Falls with him. I wondered what I would do there and if everyone would openly accept me as one of their own, if they would compare me to Momma and come up disappointed when they realized I was nothing like her. It didn't take me long after that to realize that I was actually considering trying to live in the Falls.

I heaved a sigh because I knew what I had to do next. I had to tell Gaucho and Cera so they wouldn't think that I was just abandoning them. I loved them both too much to just go live somewhere else without saying anything at all. So I took to the sky and flew over to the place that was my home and as I landed I knew that I would miss feeling the sand under my hooves and relentless warmth of the sun on my back. It was enough to make me doubt the decision I was making, but if I didn't like the Falls I could come back, right?

"Cera!" I called for my brother first and hoped that he would find me quickly. "Gaucho!" I called for the sultan next and I almost called for Rhoa, but decided against it because he probably wouldn't care by now. My teeth clicked as my jaw snapped shut and I looked around, hoping to spot one of the two stallions that I had called for.

"."

in your heart you know what you must do
you've only got yourself to answer to
don't let fear of falling hold you down
your spirits flying high above the clouds

@Cera @Gaucho

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
so long - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: so long - by Cera - 06-27-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: so long - by Gaucho - 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: so long - by Ranjiri - 07-01-2016, 12:25 AM