the Rift

[OPEN] so long

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I couldn't really believe my ears when Cera said that it didn't matter that I had been gone. Of course it mattered! I wanted to yell. I had been stupid and had whittled away my time with him because I was upset at Rhoa. I had left him to worry and fret over my like I had done countless times over my friends when they disappeared. I was terrible and there was no way I'd ever be able to make it up to my brother. He wouldn't even let me apologize to him properly for being so terrible. "I'm sorry." I murmured again before rushing toward Gaucho.

I breathed a soft sigh of relief when Gaucho said that he wasn't upset with me for leaving the Throat. I had expected him to be disappointed and for him to ask me to stay, but all he said was that he understood, that my ties with the Falls were strong, that he would come visit and that I was always welcome. "I would like that." I whispered and i hoped that It was a promise that he'd keep. I hoped that it was a promise that Cera would make, too, because I didn't think I could live if I never saw him again. He was too big a part of my heart.

When it seemed that Gaucho was finished speaking I turned to Cera. Saying goodbye to Gaucho was hard because he'd been the most prominant father figure I'd had in my life. He'd been there when I learned to fly, he was there when my father died, he was there for his burial, he taught me to fight and I loved him like he was truly my father. But Cera had been with me for so much longer. I had memores of Cera and myself playing tag in the Foothills while Momma watched. Of us napping in the grass until Momma woke us up to tell us that Midas was there to take Cera back home. I could remember us picking out shapes in the clouds, making up silly stories about why Momma was so grumpy, and laughing until we cried. Now I was crying and it wasn't because I was happy, but because I was going to miss them so terribly.

"We are never far." He said and I nodded my head."I know." I whispered, but it felt like so far. Cera said I would be an amazing big sister and I nodded again, choking out a laugh when he said he taught me. "I had the best teacher." I admitted and then he was telling me to go find my place. How long had my place been right there at his side as Cera's little sister? I still felt like my place was still right there with him, but I just couldn't ignore that I had a little brother in the Falls. It was bad enough that he  was already a year old and I hardly knew him.

"Goodbye, little tike. I love you."

Tears rolled down my cheeks as Cera said his goodbye. It hurt not only because it was a goodbye but because he didn't make the same promise that Gaucho did. "I love you more." I whispered. "I'll come see you." I promised. I couldn't bear anymore goodbyes so I turned and I left. I just hoped that my tears would dry up before I made it to the Falls.

"."

in your heart you know what you must do
you've only got yourself to answer to
don't let fear of falling hold you down
your spirits flying high above the clouds

@Cera @Gaucho

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
so long - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: so long - by Cera - 06-27-2016, 02:17 AM
RE: so long - by Gaucho - 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: so long - by Ranjiri - 07-01-2016, 12:25 AM