the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breath of the Spirit World
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
As always, his thoughts turned to the past—what I've been, who I was, all I had, and all I never dared. And as always, the memory is like a lash, a sting settling just beside his spine and laying into him, a sharp reminder of all he had lost. When he found no peace with himself, he always looked over his shoulder at the shadows of himself, and said, you were better then.

But for all his self-loathing, for all the barbs he whispered at himself, he still did not know any other way to be; any way out of this. No matter the way he hounded and terrorized himself with his short-comings, he still stood there, awkward but graceful, unsure of what to do.

For someone who needed purpose, he was certainly good at avoiding having one.

"It is not surprising as I'm new here. I am Imani." Slowly, Mauja rocked back, freeing the length of his frosty horn from between Imani's. His hooves shuffled on the moss before he settled again, this time at a distance he thought was more—appropriate. "I am Mauja," he replied, breath steaming into the air. The fog muffled the sounds, made it seem less-than-real, and while laughter might be considered a thing of reality and mortals, it sounded too soft somehow. He glanced away, at the sturdy pine trees, at the grayness hung between them, and the way the horizon was hazy, muddled, lost.

".. I have been here a while," he finally said, lamely, as if he could've said something else, so much more—he could've said he had been here a long, long time, and in a sense, it would've been true. Count the years and it was no more than three and a half, give or take a season, but more and more he began to suspect that his soul had belonged to the Edge from the start nearly seven years ago—and, bitterly admitted, to the Moon. No matter how he at times loathed her, how he disagreed with her, how her arrogance rankled and her self-confidence was infuriating—he was hers, for more reason than a scythe and a fragile promise of unending life.

"Where do you come from?" Black-rimmed ears flicked in the direction of the striped stallion, blue eyes returning to him, focusing upon him and only him, as if the power of his gaze could compel him to tell all his secrets and never ask for any of Mauja's.

[ @Imani <3 ]
Mauja
the white queen
image credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Breath of the Spirit World - by Imani - 06-28-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Breath of the Spirit World - by Mauja - 06-30-2016, 09:48 AM
RE: Breath of the Spirit World - by Imani - 07-01-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Breath of the Spirit World - by Mauja - 07-17-2016, 05:21 AM
RE: Breath of the Spirit World - by Imani - 07-18-2016, 09:11 AM
RE: Breath of the Spirit World - by Mauja - 07-27-2016, 10:38 AM