the Rift

the witch in the west | open

Lourdes Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: Five
wren.

I'M  BIGGER THAN THESE BONES

There was a bit of tension sparking in the air between Mauja and Ovidius. Perhaps on a different day, Lourdes would have been amused watching others bicker and snap. Today, she couldn’t be bothered. Her silent, white gaze watched the three of them, waiting for her suitors to straighten up. She considered reprimanding them, snapping a harsh word to remind them all to act like the adults they were. Throwing vague jabs back and forth and insulting one another’s homelands was child’s play. And yet, Lourdes’s lips remained closed. Tonight was not the night to engage in any more discourse than need be. She was tired and weariness didn’t look good on her. It would be unwise for the witch to rub any of them the wrong way – especially when she’d soon be following one of them home.

Mauja was the first to answer her question and Lourdes eagerly gave him her full attention – anything to hurry this encounter along. An owl had settled on the white and speckled stallion and the young witch got the feeling that it was somehow in cohorts with the unicorn. That piqued her interest some and she imagined she’d find herself asking about it at a later time. In the meantime, she felt a jolt of something that might have been excitement (though that emotion was too…bubbly for Lourdes) at the mention of healing. Healing was precisely what the bone-faced mare did best. The spiny little Ovidius offered up her best pitch for living with the Unbound – mentioning the freedom and openness that her lifestyle had to offer. She also snapped something at Mauja, presumably about his owl, but it flew over Lourdes’s head and had little to do with her current situation.

Syrena’s answer was similar to Mauja’s, leading the young witch to assume that the herds ran similarly. She could be a healer for either of them and the idea was practically overwhelming to her exhausted mind. Still, she couldn’t ignore the fact that the World’s Edge sounded so very much like home. “I’d like to be a healer.” She paused, moving to close the distance between herself and the group. “I will accompany you back to the World’s Edge, Mauja.” Lourdes hated the part of her that held on to childish sentiment, but she wasn’t ready to abandon the familiar. She offered the two mares one last eerie pass of her gaze. “I appreciate all of the offers.” And she did, but now she was ready to go home.

a note | thank you all for replying! also, neo - should i make a thread in world's edge, or do you do that and then i will reply?

@Mauja
please tag lourdes in all threads | force/magic permitted | permission required before serious injuries occur

Messages In This Thread
the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-28-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Syrena - 06-29-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Ovidius - 06-30-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Syrena - 06-30-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-30-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Ovidius - 07-05-2016, 12:01 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Syrena - 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 07-06-2016, 06:29 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Mauja - 07-11-2016, 08:13 AM