the witch in the west | open
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
The Unbound expected a lot of things, and, it seemed his little jab at her logic had not gone unnoticed. He wasn't sure why, but in some backwards way it pleased him to have annoyed her with as little as a few words and a straight face. It was beneath him, it was lowly, and it felt absolutely fantastic.

She rounded on him, though, venom dripping from her voice. Sharp spikes aside, he figured it was her small stature that kept his heart from stuttering—had it been someone his size, would he have been as careless with provoking them? He didn't have any way of knowing, not really, merely kept watching her with a sort of mild curiosity in his sharp eyes. 'Glorified turkey'—hah. What an insult. He was tempted to ask the mare to, politely, request Diego look in another direction, but what did he have to gain by causing a scene here, really? He'd be discrediting himself as much as her, maybe himself even more, and there was still that matter to attend to...

Save yourself for later, he murmured to the owl. Without blinking, Diego looked aside, severing the tentative connection between his and Ovidius' minds; the hammering, hot rage would recede like the ocean tide.

The wet-looking mare's offer seemed an echo of his own, and his eyes lingered on her for a moment longer than was necessary before the newcomer stated her preferred profession, and made her choice.

This hadn't been his worst Threshold incident, not by a long shot—licking sugar-ponies and standing up for pony rights both kind of beat this one, but it still surprised him when Ghoulface picked .. the Edge? Him? He never knew what they made their decision on; tales of the land, the feel of the name, the future, the recruiter? He had never been in the Threshold like this, he had marched into a Helovia rising from the ashes of a bloody war and had just decided he lived in the World's Edge. So if someone came for him here, what would he say? What would he do? What would he choose on?

He didn't know, but it was an interesting question. Saving it for later, he turned his full attention to Ghoulface. "Of course," he rumbled quietly, shifting his weight and preparing to leave. "Let us go, then. And," his feet moved, his neck bent, and he peered sincerely at Ovidius. "sorry about the owl. I'd like to hear more of the Unbound some day."

Then, with a flick of his long white tail, he was off to lead the mare whose name he didn't even know home.

[ @Ovidius @Syrena @Lourdes ]
somebody make me feel alive
and shatter me
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-28-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Syrena - 06-29-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Ovidius - 06-30-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Syrena - 06-30-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Lourdes - 06-30-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: the witch in the west | open - by Mauja - 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM