Sean Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Angel
S
E
A
N

Down to the very core of my being, I’ll be thankful to be rid of this clusterfeck of a forest. Cozy is fine, but cramped places aren’t my style – and these tightknit trees are in a constant battle for breathable space. At times…it almost felt like they were intentionally suffocating me; their constant neck nuzzling presence was starting to make my chest ache. AND. Aside from the occasional stunted bush, weed or tree -- hardly anything green and nutritious grew amid the needle laden floor. That web-like canopy above is selfish. Any warmth which might filter down is quickly consumed by light starved leaves turning their faces into it. I've had more than enough time to regret venturing into this place. The wood taunts me with it's neverendingness; game trails that run in pointless directions. Some of them lead off into dead-ends, others made huge circles. I try to stick on the widest, most worn path.

Eventually, my perseverance and frayed patience is rewarded. The evergreens thin out and change their style noticeably.

Unmarred light and empty spaces lie beyond the fading foliage. Bloody yes! I quicken, already feeling slightly renewed by the change of scenery. My front half steps clear of the immediate timberline, until these calico limbs halt beside a straggling overgrown pine. Lilac's sweep the area, soaking in the new sights and smells that unfurl before me. Vast, empty hills galore. A boyish crease climbs upon my stained cheeks. Lush, sweet green as far as the eye could see. So awed is my relief to be free of that claustrophobic wood, that even when this lovely arrangement reminds me of home and I search my feelings for disappointment...I find there is nothing to be upset about. Deep down, my subconscious already knew these foreign lands aren't going to fulfill homeward-bound expectations. I surrender to that base sense of release, abandonment and emerge entirely. Hollow feathers slowly slide apart until they can feel the hot sun beneath their stale coverts. My face turns to meet the warm globe, that shone down from a cloudless sky of the most brilliant blue.

OCC: Rough starting posts are rough. ^^; Will get better! (I hope)
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
I'll tell my ma when I get home - by Sean - 06-29-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: I'll tell my ma when I get home - by Banjo - 06-30-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: I'll tell my ma when I get home - by Sean - 07-08-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: I'll tell my ma when I get home - by Banjo - 07-10-2016, 06:38 PM