the Rift

[OPEN] keep breathing

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk

Ava

She was selfish, but innocently so the dear girl. Her sea eyes do not trail upon the straining face, nor try to find the hidden wound. The girl instead only fidgets rather nervously, though she tried her best to hide it. The lingering feelings of heightened adrenaline from her several hour stay here in the maze was still making her heart flutter with every breath. She had asked if the dear mare was alright, and receiving a normal answer, returned to her own problems. It wasn’t a cruel attempt at ignorance, nor a lack of empathy. Had the child received a different reply she would have immediately come to the side of the other and shown every care and tenderness she knew. The girl was ever generous and gentle hearted. Yet having seen no reason to extend it, her mind checked the notion off the list and moved on.

So it was quite easy for the girl to blind herself to any strained faces and cracked voices, they were all so normal with her. Besides she had learned with her brother especially that asking into the cause of them, and beginning to suggest the wounds were not as little as they said, brought only tense, curt nods, and she doubted that would get her out of this maze.

“Hemlock?” The girl whispers with her thin smile growing gracious and more warm. Regal head tilts back to look up to the small creature as he began to move up higher. The tension which hung on her shoulders so ungracefully falls away as she sees the assurance of escaping back home a true possibility. Her mind drifts off again slightly. Following the same threads it had with the darker stallion and his equally amazing (though more friendly) night bird. How amazing would it be to have such a …companion. To have a creature always by her side, to play with, to talk to, to sleep next to….the idea of responsibility never really crossed her mind. Only the blissful image of an ever present friend colored her eyes with longing.

The mare spoke again breaking the girl’s thoughts and she turns back, the tension on her face clearly gone and a small breeze begins to play with her mane once more. “I would be ever so appreciative.” The formal speech still reigns, the jumbled meeting not allowing her to slip as quickly as usual to her usual self. The pale pearl joins the painted mare by her side. Her normal sweeping walk brings her quickly to the mare’s side and its only as she gets ahead and looks back, that she sees just how impeded the painted mare’s walk is. It was only at the obvious sign that this new friend was so heavily handicapped that the mare finally spoke. It was hushed though, whispered as if it was some reverend phrase she was nervous to speak. “My congratulations as well, for receiving a mark of such strength.” It fell awkwardly off her tongue, as if it shouldn’t have been spoken. For the watching voices chided her again for speaking out of turn and mentioning such a thing. Yet maybe if she offered such a high compliment, such a high praise, this friend might stay with her longer than just the way out.

“Oh yes!” The voice jumps back within its normal register and lightness. “The Hidden Falls.” The term home, still didn’t quite fit it. Besides it sounded so wonderful to say the name of an actual place to the question. “I just joined there. Are you from there?” Innocence ever let her tongue fly when others might have used more caution. And the last question leapt with such hopefulness, you’d hardly recognize it was from the same girl who first appeared around the corner. Such was the blessing of the pearl, her worries and tense moods never seemed to last long. As if remembering her manners though, she quickly adds. “I’m Adria.” And the feathers at her sides shuffle in a half introductive move. Her head remains ever high, never used to dipping to another.

OOC:: I'm so sorry it took me so long!
"their speech goes here and this is the color

Image by Tamme!

@Alysanne

Messages In This Thread
keep breathing - by Alysanne - 06-30-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: keep breathing - by Adria - 06-30-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-01-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: keep breathing - by Adria - 07-05-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: keep breathing - by Alysanne - 07-20-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: keep breathing - by Adria - 09-10-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: keep breathing - by Alysanne - 09-17-2016, 07:48 PM