the Rift

[OPEN] nowhere to go

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

Tandavi</style>
i'll light a fire in your new shoes</style>

She makes it ten meters and is forced to draw short, her dance interrupted by – of all things – an owl. Fire Dancer’s hooves dig furrows in the earth, the startled expression upon her face echoed in the yelping of her displaced brother, whose claws bring bright pools of blood to the copper child's skin. At the same time a voice rings out through the night - is everything alright? - and Tandavi can only spin and stare, black eyes wide, embers jumping in agitation around her raised ears and down her spine. Is everything alright?- and the girl doesn't know what to say, so she says nothing, only stares, wild-eyed, trying to collect herself from the abandon in which she'd so recklessly indulged.

She is a child, caught by an adult while in the midst of a game of make-believe, and it takes her a moment to return from the land of memories and find her footing in the world of now.

It is the mare's voice which calms her down, melodious and familiar, and the girl finds herself returning to the present as easily as she left. Fire Dancer blinks away the last of her confusion and turns to the voice with a clearer gaze, recognition dawning in the moon-slashed face; "Oh!"

She is still pent up, anxious, and as she stands the ball in her stomach rises into her throat. A smile, unbidden, curls across her lips; she begins to laugh, uncertain, hopeful, a girlish giggle poorly dressed in the chestnut's deep tones. She had not expected to see this mare - though what she did expect was anyone's guess - and the jolt of a familiar face in a place her mind believes it does not belong (for it is not theirs) is unsettling, to say the least. So she laughs, and lets herself, though it is muted and slightly strained- laughs for a long moment, then takes a steadying breath.

"I suppose we do," the girl concedes, letting her head drop as she attempts to catch her breath. As she does her brother bounds gracefully to the forest floor, oversized ears spread wide above a vulpine grin; he is done trusting her reliability as a mount. The kitsune trots daintily toward the pegasus mare, fire dancing in graceful whips from his trio of tails. Show off, the girl teases him silently, and through their bond she can feel his cheerful shrug. Someone's gotta be charming when you're so weird!

Which, she thinks, pretty much sums up their lives so far. Natraj is charming, and Tandavi is weird.

At last the girl stands up straight, wildness gone from her expression, though some of it lingers at the back of her eyes. "I don't think anything is wrong, I just..." she trails off, uncertain, words failing her as they so often do. She is happy to see this mare, to taste the soft citrus of her magic and see the green of it in the air. But she does not know how to covey this, not really, not the way she wants to, so she does not say it at all.

Instead she says in her alto voice, "I did not know you live here. I... I don't know who does, not anymore. Have you lived here long?" Do you remember me?

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
nowhere to go - by Tandavi - 06-30-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Alysanne - 06-30-2016, 09:58 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Tandavi - 07-01-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Alysanne - 07-01-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Tandavi - 07-01-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Alysanne - 07-02-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Tandavi - 07-09-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: nowhere to go - by Alysanne - 07-17-2016, 11:42 PM