the Rift

[OPEN] As Far as We Can Go [Apostles/Seer-meeting]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

The desert shone softly between the blinks of her eyes, keeping the sand captive in her lashes as she waited for Mr. Teatime to return to her, as she hopefully expected; accompanied by her new colleagues. She was beyond excited, but did only express such in slightly confusing ways; silently, as her eyes did not translate any of it. But her heart was pounding in its relief, as a bright smile had managed to tangle itself around her lips.

Mr. Teatime returned shortly after having gone, bringing the now familiar, silent mare along with him. The mare’s eyes felt cautious on her skin and she returned her greetings kindly. Amani, having been the Diviner before her, had been around for a bit after the tiger mare had taken over her duties, however, she had been away to work outside their borders, leaving behind Maren with the holy Fires to keep the heart of their religion burning on her own. For so long she had been alone with this task, some moments barely believing she could ever be enough support for their Holy Flame, for the God of the Sun. Now, finally, she was allowed to crawl out of that uncertainty, out of the suspicion that she failed in spreading the hopes and beliefs for their Patron — to not be alone anymore.  

There were an extra set of hoof beats getting closer from the shorelines that caused Maren’s eyes to turn and see who had found them. It was an oddly colored, but extraordinary looking hybrid that was coming their way. His coloring reminded her of the ashes and flames seen around volcanoes. He didn’t look very old and something about him in the way he approached seemed a bit off to her. The tiger mare waited until he was close enough to hear her when she spoke. “Goodday to you,” she said as she looked at the youngster, who continued to look somewhat out of place. Perhaps the only reason Maren had even heard his words were because of the ivory feathers behind her ears that made the sounds easier to catch, slip into her ears and onto her drums. “I assume you have come because of your interest in our Sun God?”, she proposed. “Are you here to become an Apostle as well? If so, welcome to my ranks. My name is Maren, the Diviner of our herd.”

Maren’s eyes glanced back to the nameless mare for a moment, perhaps to see if she might already be thinking of leaving, after which Maren slowly turned to the fires; licking, turning — dancing on top of the sand as they always did. Megaera had promised her two new pupils, she had found two. In her happiness, she did not feel greedy today, this must be enough.  

Turning to their cozy little group she took a quick breath and began. “Today I shall teach what the duties of the apostles and diviner are,” she said to begin with. “As the Sun God’s Apostles you will be expected to be of comfort to those of the herd who are in need of spiritual enlightenment. I am sure you will find your own way to achieve this, by doing what feels right to you. Being it by sharing our history, telling a purposeful story, or simply offer your support by giving advice.” She went on. “I, in turn, hope that you find meaning in your tasks and will learn about the history of our land and the Gods it knows by meeting and talking to others. It is very important to create a wider perspective from where you can judge and prevail in your duties and your own holy purpose in life.”

She paused, her tongue tied with the wanting of the experimenting with new friendship. “I would also like it if we could come together to pray beside the fire, perhaps share our own experiences from time to time,” she blinked. There was much more she could say now, but as it was, the diviner thought those words would turn to be too many. She would continue on about what they would do, once they had accepted what she had proposed so far.

Her gaze traveled from the colt to the silent mare. “Do you have any questions about this, any insecurities?” If anyone wanted out, they should say it now. Maren wasn’t fond of wasting her energy and time on those that did not want to put in an equal amount of effort, which she intended to do. Yet, if anyone had turned insecure about the things that came with their rank, she promised herself to not take it to heart. "Please, feel free to ask me anything." The wisdom rank wasn’t made for just anyone.  

Image Credits

@Xolani
@Shahrokh
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: As Far as We Can Go [Apostles/Seer-meeting] - by Maren - 07-24-2016, 07:13 AM